CH121-125

121**

Apartment 5

Li Xiuying was laying in bed with her eyes closed. Her fists were clenched by her sides as she thought about the day's events. 'I didn't prepare well enough. Its my fault I let Daiyu get hurt, I should have planned better. I should have investigated Chong Honghui's and his fathers contacts. That stupid couple wants to get involved too, I'm going tear everyone's mask off.'

Li Xiuying had been rethinking her plan. For now she would use Xǔ Junjie to scare Jia Kuai Hua's parents a little. Xǔ Junjie had come forward to help Daiyu at the restaurant so he shouldn't object. After that she would go and collect some favors from someone who owed her, as well as punish the Li family a little.

Li Xiuying's felt uncomfortable at the thought of using Xǔ Junjie without getting permission from him. Xǔ Junjie wasn't her favorite person in the world but he also wasn't her enemy so it just didn't feel right to not warn him, especially when lives could be affected.

She sent Xǔ Junjie a message [I am using you to get revenge for Daiyu].

Xu Junjie [Dr Li? How? What's going on? Is Daiyu in trouble?]

Li Xiuying was exasperated [Audio recording of Friday night. Yes or No?]

Xǔ Junjie [That's fine, Is there anything I can do to help?]

Li Xiuying ignored Xǔ Junjie and put away her phone.

She got out of bed, opened her bed side cabinet and twisted the dial of the safe within it. She then retrieved one of the many disposable phones.

Li Xiuying sat at her laptop ad began to edit the audio recording. First she cut the the recording down so it was only Xǔ Junjie's narration of the ending of the story about Jia Kuai Hai. Then she found an audio recording of whispering and subtle sounds of cutlery/ dinning. Lastly she merged all the audio recordings together and listened. When she was finally happy with the end result she upload the audio file onto her phone.

She sent everything to Jia Kuai Hai's parents followed by a single message [Which ending do you like?] She turned off the phone and headed to the kitchen to destroy it, in the same way she had destroyed the last.

The reason she had gone to so much trouble to edit the original recording was that it was too clear and too close to Xǔ Junjie, so the Jia family with the help of Chong Honghui could narrow down the list of senders. She wasn't going to leave this to chance.

After Li Xiuying had reduced the disposable phone to dust. She began tapping away on her personal phone.

Li Xiuying created a chat group "YingYingYu" before sending a message [Can't make it tomorrow for lunch. Dinner 8 pm?]

[Daiyu: YINGYINGYU! Sure, I'm free whenever]

[Changying: I'm good with dinner]

[Changying: Are we really going with YingYingYu? What about the alpaca's?]

[Xiuying: Night]

[Daiyu: Good night. See you tomorrow]

[Changying: It was a legitimate and catchy suggestion. I'm so unappreciated for my genius. Alpaca 1 out.]

....

Wednesday 8:50- Unity hospital

Li Xiuying was making her way to her office. She saw Shen Xiaosi waiting patiently outside.

Shen Xiaosi: "Good morning Dr Li."

Li Xiuying: "Morning."

Li Xiuying unlocked the door and entered. She lent on her desk and faced Shen Xiaosi: "Ready?"