6.

Lauren led Camila into the house and sat her at the kitchen table while Marcie poured everyone a glass of wine.

"Now then since I'm starving and I want to be a good friend we will order pizza and get drunk."

A little smile appeared. "I love you Marcie."

"Hey how about me?" Lauren whined.

Camila's eyes met green ones, tilting her head a bit she repeated the words, but there was so much more behind them.

Marcie was startled by what she felt and heard, the words weren't said flippantly or lightly. Blinking in surprise she stared at Camila.

"What?" Lauren had seen the look her cousin was giving Camila.

Marcie just shook her head changing the subject. "Camila you look frazzled, uh, why don't I run you a bath?"

"That would be great Marcie. You two are the best in the world."

Ten minutes later Camila climbed into the hot water relaxing against the porcelain. Between the heat and the wine on an empty stomach she drifted to sleep.

She woke to the sound of Marcie's voice calling her.

"Be right out!"

Marcie called back, "Just do it slowly and carefully please."

Giggling she said, "I will."

She made it to the table without issues wearing a sleep set and fluffy robe.

"You look much better."

"Thanks." Camila relaxed against her chair taking a bite of pizza.

"Why does pizza always taste so good?" Lauren looked at the girls, "No matter how much I eat it always tastes great, I never get tired of it."

"Me either," Camila mumbled.

"Let's toast to it." Marcie grabbed her glass lifting it high, "To a brilliant invention that hurts no one and brings us joy."

"Here, here," Camila said, her glass gently tapping against theirs causing a bell like sound. "This is nice thank you both, I don't know what I would have done today if you hadn't been there."

The next day she called the insurance company, and her apartment manager to have the door and locks replaced. Taking a sigh of relief she called her bank alerting them to the fact that she had been robbed and that she wasn't certain what they took but didn't want to chance it. She changed her banking accounts and passwords forwarding everything to Marcie and Lauren's address.

Lauren got home around six, removing his cover he came in through the kitchen. "Marcie, I'm home." he called out.

Digging in the fridge Lauren grabbed a snack realizing she hadn't heard a response. Peeking in Marcie's room she saw that she was taking a nap and quietly backed out closing the door.

Heading to her room on silent feet she opened the door to see Camila standing there naked, towel drying her hair.

Lauren did an about face. "Shit, sorry!"

Wrapping the towel around her, face filled with blood she babbled an apology. "No it's my fault, I'm in your room. I'm covered now."

Turning back around Lauren bit her lip nervously. "It's ok really. It's the highlight of my day."

"So, how was the rest of it?" She was attempting to play it cool and not be so damned embarrassed.

"Busy." Lauren was watching Camila intently his pulse becoming more rapid with every second.