CHAPTER 3: Run and Hide

Taeyong isn't even a least bit ashamed in admitting that he ran away the moment he heard the bathroom door open. After emptying his half digested breakfast onto his roommates clean sneakers, which looked expensive enough to Taeyong for him to freak out, he had pushed a still shocked Jaehyun into his shower, while he cleaned up his vomit and left the place smelling like fresh Jasmine. All in a few minutes and he was out.

For the rest of the horrible, horrible day, he had been hearing a repeat telecast of his nightmare-like experience with his fresh flatmate, who he suspected wold soon be ex-flatmate. His only comfort came by the name Seo Johnny. who immediately pulled him into a protective side hug everytime Ten burst out laughing. Even his own parents and sister had betrayed him by taking screenshots of Ten's texts to them and spreading it further. It went so far that his distant cousin, Yuta, from Japan had texted him, asking about his flatmates well being, the point to be noted was that was the first time they had spoken in four years.

"Well at least this is helping you get back in touch with the Tae side of your family. The Yong side is obviously extinct!!" Ten laughed again. Johnny gave him an unimpressed glare as he passed the pizza to Taeyong, but it had zero effect on the Thai. Everyone and their future children knew the Seo Johnny was a bucket goo for this guy. Only time they even disagree, even slightly is when Johhny gets protective of Taeyong, whom he claims is his first best friend ever.

"Give him a break Ten, he's already had a rough day." Johnny tried, but Ten only smirked.

"Well well, look at that. If you are going to protect Taeyong everytime, why didn't you just date him instead?" 

"I should've. You obviously lack humane skills." Little known to them, Taeyong's heart actually skipped a beat at Johnny's statement. But his face held only a pensive expression. He shook his head the couple, ignoring the pang of jealousy in his gut when he saw Ten tip toe towards the taller and press a kiss onto his lips. Immediately dispersing Johnny's displeased expression.

Boy was Johnny whipped for his best friend.

He had crashed at their place long enough but really it was getting darker, and late and he sure didn't want to stay back and hear all the lewd sound that the horny rabbits make while copulating. He doesn't think he can handle that. So he picks up his ass from their couch and walks down two floors to reach his flat. He may not be rooming with his friends, but at least he gets to have his friends close buy right?

He is shit nervous when he opens the door to his flat, his mind, body, heart and soul would rather be with his annoying half Japanese cousin than in the same space as the man he vomitted on. He started mumbling the long speech he had prepared to apologise with each step. His mind barely registering that there was someone a few steps behind him, watching him since he arrived at his door. The man silently entered the flat right behind the poor black haired boy and locked the door as silently as possible.

Taeyong did notice though that the flat was empty. There was not a single sound which indicated that Jaehyun was in, plus the lights were all off. He didn't even bother to switch them on though, his mind automatically reverting back to editting his apology. Yet again oblivious to the presence behind him. 

"Should I even apologise? I mean there is no point he probably hates me already." He mumbled under his breath, deciding to just call it a day and shut himself up in his room for the rest of his whole college life, or until Jaehyun kicks him out. He happened to breathe out loud as an overt sign of his exhaustion , but the subsequent inhalation it brought to his sense this strange, strange smell.

Musky but really really nice. 

He took it in again, taking a deeper breath, just to get that smell again. So he did. And again, and again.