Chapter 13: Kiss and Tell

A lot could be said about how Taeyong was feeling, or felt when he watched the interaction between Jaehyun and that girl. But seriously, jealousy wasn't one of them, at least not one of the strong ones. 

He was just hurt and confused.

Jaehyun didn't have to lie about where he was, and all that still didn't explain why he was missing the whole day and why he had ignored Taeyong's calls.

Even as he had walked back to the apartment, he had wanted nothing more than to call the boy up again and ask him to come back as soon as he could. He really wanted to ask. But at the same time he wanted to not see Jaehyun at all.

His own feelings scared him. 

He would be hurting one moment, but the very next he would think about Jaehyun's words last night and he would immediately smile. It was so confusing, and he even contemplated his sanity. 

But that didn't mean he didn't still really really like Jaehyun.

Taeyong wasn't jealous, from what he had seen of the girl's interaction with Jaehyun, they seemed close, but not the kind of closeness that lovers would have. Their gestures towards each other did have familiarity and love, and initially Taeyong had felt a pang because he was always awkward around Jaehyun and the boy seemed to have to try hard, but then he saw how the girl ruffled Jaehyun's hair like a puppy and how he swatted her hand away. They seemed like friends, but whatever it was, one thing Taeyong had gotten from his evening was that he really wanted Jaehyun all to himself.

I'm not going to just hand him over to anyone.

When he reached home, Johnny had already gone off into his (Jaehyun's} room which meant he'd have to share with Jaehyun again. He even contemplated falling asleep on the couch for the night. But he knew that if Jaehyun did comeback, he'd carry him to his bed anyways, so he ended up settling under his blankets and falling into a deep dreamless sleep, not being able to wait up for the boy he dearly missed.

The next day, Taeyong was woken up to the sound of his alarm. And the first thing he noticed while reaching out to off it was the lack of the pressure around his waist that had been there for the past few days.

His heart sunk, it seemed Jaehyun'd hadn't made it back home last night, and he was yet again about to reach for his phone when his nose tingled and the musky smell of Jaehyun reached his nose. He immediately turned around, only to be faced with the boy.

He came back!!

Taeyong really couldn't help the smile on his face as his eyes traced the lines of Jaehyun's face. He seemed to be sound asleep, and Taeyong wondered just how late the boy had stayed up before crashing here. He looked tired too; his hair was all ruffled, and nose a bit red, his mouth was slightly open. All in all he looked ethereal in Taeyong's eyes and he really couldn't stop his hands from following his eyes and trace every edge of Jaehyun's face.

He gently rubbed his thumb on those plump cheeks he always wanted to pinch, and then moved to run along the boys nose bridge up towards his eyebrows, which he ran his finger's along and then dipped down to the spot where Jaehyun's killer dimples always appeared. He pushed his finger into the spot, gently enough to not wake up the boy, but the action still made the sleeping boy scrunch up his nose. He looked positively cute and Taeyong giggled into the pillow.

He let his hands rest on the boys cheeks. Just watching the boy sleep was making Taeyong sleepy as well, but he willed himself to stay awake anyways. He let his eyes roam freely until they focused on Jaehyun's lips.

And his mind started getting excited and his body began to react to their situation. He could kiss those lips as Jaehyun would never even know. 

Suddenly a hand cupped his, on top of Jaehyun's cheeks, the action startled Taeyong, and he looked up to see a pair of teasing eyes staring right back at him. He tried to pull his hand away, but Jaehyun wouldn't let him.