Parents

"Melissa. Honey. They doctors said you could go home! I am going to go and sign the discharge papers and then I will come back and get you." My mom said.

I looked over to her and smiled.

She and my father haven't found out yet that I had lost my baby.

If they ever find out, they will never let me see Adrian again. I have to tell them no matter what.

But I will most probably tell them that I had a one night stand when we were on vacation. And that I don't know who the father is.

Adrian hasn't really talked to me since Jennifer got arrested. He told me that he needs to think about everything for a while. And I truly don't blame him.

Even though we didn't know that child. Or even know that I was pregnant, I know it still hurt him.

I guess I know what my aunt was talking about.

About 3 years ago, my aunt was pregnant. She ended up having a miscarriage at 7 weeks due to so much stress.

She told me that when losing a child it feels like you lose a part of yourself as well.

And that's what it feels like.

"Come on honey. Your mother signed the papers." My dad said as he helped me into a wheel chair.

"Dad, can I borrow your phone? I want to call Adrian." I said and my father nodded.

I dialed Adrian's number and waited till her answered

"Hello?" Adrian asked.
He must not recognize my fathers number.

"Adrian. It's Melissa. Are you able to meet me at my house? They discharged me. I want to talk to you." I said.

"Yeah sure. I'll be there in an hour." He said.

We said goodbye right before my parents helped me into the car.

"Adrian's coming over." I said and my parents both nodded.

We soon got home and they brought me to my bedroom.

My mom said that for the next few weeks, I will be staying in bed. And that she will go and get my college work. Or even Adrian could do that. And he could tell me what is going on during class.

As I looked around my room, which hadn't been touched since the accident, I saw that there was a new phone sitting on my bed side table.

I grabbed the box and took it out.

I saw that all of my stuff is on here and I started to text Adrian but I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I called out and Adrian stepped inside my room.

"Hey Melissa." He said and he took a seat at the edge of my bed.

"I missed you. Even though it's only been a few hours." I said.

"So let's talk. I know that's why you wanted me to come over here." He said.

"Come here." I said patting the other side of my bed.

Adrian got up and laid down next to me.

"I'm really sorry about getting pregnant Adrian." I said starting off the conversation.

"It's my fault Melissa. My guess is you got pregnant a few weeks ago. I don't know when but it was most probably my fault. So don't blame yourself." He said.

"What would we have done if you wouldn't have lost the baby?" He asked me.

"I definitely would have kept it. Then I would have told my parents. I know I'm young and all, but I have always wanted to be a mother. Even if it's at this age. And I probably would have asked you if you wanted to be apart of the babies life. And if you did , then we would have been a family." I said.

"I just can't believe this happened. If I wouldn't have gone out with Jennifer that night. She would have never shoved you in front of that bus. I killed our child Melissa. Not you, not Jennifer, me. I killed him or her." Adrian said.

"No you didn't. Please don't think that you did. Cause it's not true." I said.

"Our child is dead Melissa. What are we suppose to do now?" He asked me.

"Hopefully move on from it. And end everything. For now at least, I mean I can't deal with anything right now. I just want you as my friend. Not my friends With Benefits." I said.

"I understand. And you are right. Maybe in a little while, we can continue. But I want to help up through this." He said hugging me.

I looked at him and smiled.

"Thank you Adrian." I said before kissing him.

He kissed me back but I pulled away after a few seconds.

"We still need to do one more thing." I said.

"Which is?"

"Tell our parents" I said slowly