¤ Medic // Thoughts?

Prompt: The support classes thinking about "having a baby" - Medic edition.

(OG Published: 2/24/19)

Requested by: Aesthetical_cream

Edited: 1/15/23

"Penny for your thoughts, Mein Taube?" I grin slightly when he perks up to my voice. My eyes glance at all the paper work he somehow stayed on top of.

"Ja, mein Schatz?" His Russian blues flick up at my e/c orbs and he notices my hands behind my back. One of his thick but styled eyebrows raises at the secrecy of what's behind me and I giggle.

"Remember when you expressed how much you'd love to have a little monster running around?" I can't fight back my smile as I walk closer to him, piquing his interest by at least fifty percent.

"Ja." He looks at me, excited and expectant of the reasoning behind my slight madness.

A few soft giggles and babbling erupt from behind my back making me laugh and my husband curious.

"You remember that one project I've been working on in Engie's lab for a long while?" Another fit of giggles comes from behind me while Josef carefully stands up.

"Vhat about it?"

"Close your eyes."

"Vhy-"

"Close them, my love."

"Ack- fine." He cracks a playful smile and I carefully pull the full-size toddler from behind my back, carrying him on my hip.

"How long have I been working on that project?" I ask him, a look of thought on his face.

"Ah... About.. Carry the seven.. Ah! About three years." He calculates the solution in his head and I can't help but giggle at it, his smile widening. He always found some dorky way to make me smile.

"Open." I clean Archimedes' face, a toothy grin on it. I awe at it.

Soon my husband opens his eyes to the bundle of joy in my hold, his eyes widening and his smile is replaced with a look of shock.

"This little cutie pie," I tickle him receiving a loud and adorable fit of laughs. "He is my project."

"Jou make it seem like he is a test subject, Liebe." He chuckles and Archimedes reaches for his new father, wanting to be held.

"Go ahead, Archimedes, this man is your Vater." I place him in Josef's arms, crossing mine and just enjoying the sight of my new family.

"Zhis vould eksplain vhy jou kame to bed ekstremely tired." He laughs and lets the child play with his glasses carefully.

"Vati." The small being giggles out toward him and I see my lover physically stiffen up and then relax, nodding.

"Ja, ja zhat's right." His eyes swell with happy tears and Archimedes turns towards me and does "gimme" hands towards me and I walk over to both of them. Josef hands him to me and I carefully take his glasses from Archimedes, handing them to him.

"Mutti!" He lets out a squeaky giggle and nuzzles up on me, my husband's strong arms wrapping around both of us.

"Archimedes is my gift to you since I've been unfortunate and can't have children, Josef. I love him. I would have to be blind and deaf to not realize you love him just as much." I softly rock our toddler in my arms, his brown eyes soon closing.

"Ich liebe dich, _______. Ich liebe dich." He whispers to me and then softly sighs, kissing Archimedes' forehead softly and then going into the rec room to tell the others about his fortune.