Chapter 24: Slowpoke tails

3rd person POV

(Y/n) and Amie caught a few pokemon for the grunts and some others to sell and give as prices in the Game Corner,they went back to the HQ with all of the pokemon they caught and gave them to Jackson "oh,hello (y/n)" Proton said and walked towards the two girls "hey Proton!" the (h/c) girl said looking at him "hello executive Proton" Amie said "what are you doing today?" he asked them "well we just came back from a small mission" (y/n) said "great! come with me,I have to cut some Slowpoke tails and I need someone to help me,the grunts will be guarding the entrance" the green haired male said "sure,let's go Amie"
(y/n) said but the black haired girl wasn't so sure "u-um...do we really need to cut off their tails?" she asked a bit nervous "of course,how else do you expect us to sell them?" the executive said and put his hands on his hips "I-I don't think I can do it..." Amie said,(y/n) put a hand on her shoulder "come on it'll be alright,besides think of all the money we'll make selling them" she said "w-well...I'll go" Amie finally said.

They arrived at the Slowpoke Well and got a bag ready to put all the tails inside "four grunts will be outside and the other three down on the entrance" Proton said and they nodded going to their assigned positions,then (y/n),Amie and Proton climbed down and walked through the cave searching for the Slowpokes "aha! There they are" (y/n) said pointing at them "let's get down to business" Proton said taking out a pocket knife from his left pocket,(y/n) did the same "how do we do this?" she asked "just hold them so they don't move and..." he said grabbing one of the pokemon and cutting off it's tail "there you go,a Slowpoke tail ready to be sold" the green haired male said and put it on a bag.

"It looks pretty easy" the (h/c) girl said and grabbed a Slowpoke,she cut the tail just like Proton did and put it on the bag with the other one,Amie looked terrified of the acts she was seeing,she wasn't used to this kind of violence against pokemon "you should start cutting too,that way we'll finish earlier" Proton said looking at the blue eyed girl "m-me?! uh.." she said alarmed "yeah just grab a knife from the bag and start cutting" the green haired male said,she got a knife and slowly walked towards one of the Slowpokes "s-sorry..." she muttered to the pokemon,who turned around and looked at her confused "Slow..poke?" it said almost yawning,Amie's hand was trembling "I-i..." she said and dropped the knife in the ground "I can't do this..." she said and let the pokemon go "what?!" Proton exclaimed angrily "I won't cut that pokemon's tail! I-It's wrong!" Amie said,(y/n) grabbed the Slowpoke that her partner let go,cut off it's tail with no problem and put it on the bag with some others that Proton had cut before "what kind of Rocket member are you if you can't obey a simple order like cutting off some stupid pokemon's tail?!" Proton said angrily.

Then (y/n) saw a white Slowpoke walking around the cave "hey Proton,isn't that a very rare Slowpoke?" she asked and he looked at it,a smirk appeared on his face "yeah,it's a shiny one,they are very rare" he said getting up and walking towards it "don't you dare!" the black haired girl said looking at the executive "who do you think you are to order me around" the green haired male said and stepped on the pokemon's back "poke-slowpoke" it said trying to move "let's see...what can I do with you..." Proton said looking down at the pokemon "their tails grow back in a couple of months right?" (y/n) asked "correct" he said "I bet a shiny Slowpoke tail is way more expensive than a normal one...what if we keep it caged to cut it's tail? It'll just grow back again,it's like an infinite source of shiny Slowpoke tails" (y/n) said looking at the executive "that's a clever idea,good job (y/n)" he said and grabbed it by it's tail "come on we are finished" he added and (y/n) grabbed the bag with the tails carrying it outside "..." Amie followed them in silence.

After getting out,Proton threw the Slowpoke in a cage and had one of the grunts carry it until they reached the HQ
"make sure it stays in the cage,feed it and take care of it,but make sure it doesn't evolve,we need it to get more shiny tails" the green haired male said "yes sir" the grunt with the cage said and took the Slowpoke to the basement,where other pokemon that were stolen or caught were.

"Come on (y/n) we have some tails to sell" Proton said and she nodded walking with the bag behind him "w-what about me?" Amie asked "oh right,go to talk with Jackson,tell him what you've done today...or should I say what you haven't done" the executive said and walked off with (y/n) behind him,Amie looked at the floor and turned around going to search for Jackson.

(Y/n)'s POV

I never thought I would cut a Slowpoke's tail,it was actually very satisfying to do 'I wonder how much they'll pay me for this' I thought walking behind Proton,we had 15 slowpoke tails in total "alright now,let's see how good they are" I heard him say after we reached a room,I sat on a chair and put the bag on the table,he grabbed one and took a bite "not bad,it looks like they have been eating the special food Petrel made for them to get tastier" he said swallowing "have you ever eaten one of these?" he asked me and I shook my head "never in my life" I said and he gave me one,I looked at it and took a bite chewing it "so? how is it?" Proton asked me,it was salty and it's texture was pretty soft "I like it" I said eating some more of it "it's a delicacy from here,people would pay thousands for this" he said taking another bite,I hummed softly and finished the tail leaving only the bone.

I never thought I would eat a Slowpoke tail in my life.

Amie's POV

Jackson scolded me again for not doing what Proton said "sorry sir,it won't happen again" I said apologizing,he sighed and told me to go to the training area with the other grunts,I went there and called Marie out of her pokeball "Cle-cle!" she said and hoped in the ground,I smiled a bit "come on we have to train" I said and trained with her until I saw the sun setting,then I went to my room to rest for the day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of the chapter!