Chapter 2: The gym leader

[Edited/Rewritten on December 2019]

3rd person POV

After waking up, (y/n) decided to go training outside of Pewter City so she could defeat the leader, her Pidgey and Pikachu weren't strong against rock types but she had a strategy against Brock.
Using tail whip and sand-attack to reduce his pokemon defense and accuracy, then leave it all to Squirtle.

"Alright guys, I think we had enough training for now, we should try to beat the leader" the pokemon nodded and after healing them, she entered the gym and saw one ace trainer*.

(Y/N)'s POV

"You won't beat Brock, he's the strongest!" the guy said looking at me "oh yeah?, i'll like to see how you lose against me" I told him taking out a pokeball.

Our pokemon battle started, he used a Geodude and I chose Pidgey for this one,
"Go Geodude,use tackle" he said "Pidgey, dodge it and use gust" Pidgey was tackled to the floor but could use a gust against the opposite pokemon "now use gust again" I told her "geodude use defense curl" sadly geodude wasn't fast enough and Pidgey hit it.

3rd person POV

"Pidgey return, go Pikachu!" the other trainer was confused because
(y/n) was using an electric type against some rock-ground type,"ok Pikachu now use quick attack" she said making a punching move with her fist "geodude use tackle again" the two pokemon attacks collided, but in the end Pikachu was victorious "Good job Pikachu!" she said and hugged him, after that (y/n) returned him to his pokeball and stopped at the pokemon center to restore her pokemon's health.

Then she got back to the gym and decided to challenge Brock once and for all,
"So you are finally here, I believe you are here for my badge, but you'll have to battle me for that" the male said looking at her with a smile.

(Y/n) nodded and the battle finally started; "Go geodude!" he said "Pidgey go!", even if (y/n) had the type disadvantage Pidgey soon won against geodude after an intense battle thanks to their training the day before.

"Good job Pidgey return for now, go Squirtle!" the (h/c) girl said sending out her pokemon "Go Onix!!" the real battle was just begining.

"Squirtle use water gun" she said and the water pokemon quickly used said attack hitting onix making it lose a good amount of hp "use rock throw" the gym leader said, his pokemon lifted some rocks and threw them "Squirtle dodge i-" but the smaller pokemon was hit with one of the boulders.

"Squirtle come on, get up!" (Y/N) was hoping her pokemon would be able to continue the battle, suddenly he started shining "Yes! he is evolving" after the flash was over, a new pokemon appeared on the battlefield: Wartortle "let's see" she said taking out her Pokedex.

Pokedex: "Wartortle, the Turtle Pokémon. The evolved form of Squirtle. Its long furry tail is a symbol of its age and wisdom."

"Wow, that's pretty cool!" the (h/c) girl said looking at the blue pokemon who nodded at her "War-Tort-tort" "onix use rock throw" Brock said, (y/n) smirked at that, "now use water gun!" the attack was so powerful that the rock was thrown back to the onix making it fall to the floor defeated, "yeah good job!" she said and returned her new evolved pokemon to his pokeball.

2nd person POV

"Here, this proves that you won me in a battle, next gym you should go to is in Cerulean City" Brock said while handing you the gym badge, "thanks" you said leaving the gym and walking to the pokemon center to call your mom.

"Hey mom, guess what?" you asked her with Pikachu sitting on your lap "what is it sweetie?" she asked happily "I won against Brock, and Squirtle evolved! It was pretty awesome" you told her smiling "oh hearing that makes me so happy~ You are already becoming a little champion in the making!" the woman said looking at you.