The War On Olympia

I swam out the bright portal and into the dark Spacial Vortex, I quickly ascended up towards the Olympian Vortex and kept my eyes peeled for any more blue police boxes, the vortex was understandably shut, so tight that not even air could move through it. I could see the vortex but the entrance was blocked by solid golden light projections. Out of sheer curiosity, I touched the solid light and it felt like cold marble, it pulsed with energy then a sharp burst of pain exploded in my hand, it was defended as well. Intricate symbols and sigils seemed to be engraved into the light which glowed in the dark vortex. I'd come prepared for this. I summoned the powers of my father, I clenched my hands which were surrounded by an aura of golden light, I drew my fist back then slammed it into the barrier, a tiny crack appeared, I launched my other fist, the crack was now a spiderweb, I kept smashing my fists into the wall until finally, with one final push, the barrier shattered into pieces. I used my agility to leap into the vortex just as the pieces started to rebuild themselves, in front of me, a golden portal pulsed and thrummed with energy, I gathered myself and took a step in.

It was astounding! And I've seen a lot of amazing things, the floating islands of Gopyr, the Unicorns Of Xylosi to name a few, the view was spectacular, it was like one of those airport floor treadmills for people too lazy to carry their suitcase but with a surrounding view of the Multiverse but of course much faster, it continued to speed up until all the star and galaxies blurred into a bright haze then I was launched into another portal at the end, interesting, a wormhole that travelled discreetly through the Multiverse.

I felt myself falling from the portal in the sky to the ground, below me there was some sort of structure with an open roof and some kind of water? It seemed like this portal was used frequently enough for someone to construct such a building. I angled down and drew my arms as close as possible in order to achieve maximum speeds, the once lush land was dry and arid, streams that once ran with sparkling water now were dry as bone, animal carcasses littered the ground and a hazy fog hang in the air, I was finally here, the abode of the Gods, Olympia. The Olympia I knew was gone, this Olympia reminded me of the Warder's Universe probably because they'd taken over. I was growing close to the building, which seemed glow through the fog like a lighthouse.

Now that I was closer I could see that it was marble and the open roof was actually not open but there was a semi-transparent barrier which shifted colours in the Sun, just as I was about to hit the barrier, I passed through it and it slowed me down, the water rose up towards me and when I hit it, it wasn't cool and refreshing like water, more so gelatinous and claustrophobic. The jelly-like substance lifted me out of its pool and onto the mosaic floors next to it. I stood up and brushed the remains of the jelly off of me which flew straight into the pool when I was attacked! Something had launched itself towards me and wrapping itself around me, instantaneously my instincts kicked in and I kicked the thing hard and when the grip loosened, leapt into the air, somersaulted to land behind it where I hastily conjured a Kopis which I held against its throat. It melted away and reformed behind me where I heard clapping and murmurs. I spun around and there before me where the mighty Gods. I could make out Athena in tattered robes, Demeter holding her lotus staff, Hephaestus with his hammer, Hera with a rusty tiara, Poseidon with his dull trident and greying hairs, the person I attacked was forming slowly and in a weak shower of sparks, Zeus appeared. They all looked weary and tired but fueled by the hope that burned in their eyes. They immediately fell to their knees as if worshipping me, all apart from Zeus who seemed too weary. They rose and they all started to talk like unruly children. 'SILENCE!' They all fell silent, I gestured towards Athena and she came forward and told me the story.

'It was a normal day in Olympia when a messenger came into the Temple of Zeus, he was dressed in rags and was barefoot and dirty, he was poor and a peasant but he still he demanded Zeus listen to his proposition,' Behind Athena, Zeus shook his head slowly,' He presented us with a gift for Zeus, a throne made of diamonds. It was the most beautiful thing that I'd ever seen, it was fashioned from a single piece of diamond and,' Zeus cut in and croaked,' I felt a pull towards the throne, like a ball to the Earth.' Zeus's eyes glazed over and it was like he was immersed in a vivid dream. Behind him, the other Gods shook their heads and some dissent was murmured. Athena continued,' Once Zeus sat in the diamond throne it drained him of his powers and immortality and once his powers were lost so were ours, that's why our youthful appearances and powers are gone. The Chief Warder took over the Temple and drove us out of the palace, the Oracle Of Colchis told us that you would help us from our predicament so we waited, can you help us?
They were desperate and I was too, I could use some help and so I nodded and I could feel the hope emanating from them, they smiled in what seemed like after millennia. I gestured for them to stand far apart from each other then held out my hands with my palms facing the sky and I muttered,'Epistrépste sti neanikí sas zoí',' Lavender balls of energy formed in my hands, I threw them at the weakened Gods,  they enlarged into glowing lines which spun around each God, the lines merged into a spinning beam of lines and enveloped the Gods and when the light faded, true Gods emerged.