19.Canvas

"Maybe I should add more blue?" you think to yourself as you look at the canvas in front of you.

You stop your hand that was about to touch the canvas with a paintbrush when you hear your name get called from downstairs. You sigh and put the paintbrush down carefully. You get up from the wooden chair and start heading downstairs, not bothering to take off your apron.

"What is it?" you ask Namjoon, who is sitting on the couch while sipping coffee from his Ryan mug.

"Were you painting? Sorry for bothering you, but I just wanted to tell you that we will have a guest coming over today." he says as he puts down his mug and crosses his legs.

"O-oh, can I ask who the guest is?" you curiously ask.

"She's an old acquaintance of ours. We have some business to take care of with her." he says and gets up.

"Oh, wear something nice when she gets here, which is in four hours." he reminds you before leaving the living room.

You nod and leave as well back to your room. You go straight to the bathroom to see how messy you look. You look in the mirror and cringe at the thought that he saw you looking like this, paint on your cheek and hair from almost dropping the paintbrush. You blow the annoying piece of hair stuck on your lips off and decide to take a shower

"Agh! Shit, that hurts!" you curse as you feel the burning senstation of the straightener linger on your hand.

You put your hand under running cold water, instantly giving a slight relief.

"Are you okay?"

You turn to the voice, seeing Jimin carefully peek from the door.

"Wow, that's a first from you." you let out a little laugh as you see him playfully roll his eyes.

"I'm just trying to make up for being such a prick back then." he sighs and opens the door a little more.

"You've already apologised," you say as you look at the water falling on your hand. "But that doesn't mean I trust you completely."

"I know, and I don't have any right to think so. But let me at least try, okay?" he tilts his head a pleadingly.

"Fine, you can go get me an ice pack." you jokingly motion him to leave like a queen would.

"Yes, ma'am!" he laughs a little and leaves the bathroom.

You smile to yourself as you close the tap. You look around to find a towel to wipe your hand on, until a blue small towel caughts your attention.

"A-ha, this will do." you say as you reach for the towel.

You wipe your hands, still waiting for Jimin to bring you the ice pack.

"Your saviour is here." you see Jimin holding the ice pack over his head.

"Oh, thank you." you smile as you reach your hand for him to give the ice pack.

He hands you the ice pack with a smile and leaves the room again with a small wave, leaving you alone to get ready.

"All done!" you clasp your hands together as you look at your final look in the mirror.

You decided to go for more a businesswoman look, as it seemed proper. You aren't a business kind of person at all, but looks can deceive, can't they? You look at the clock and notice you still have an hour to spend. You get up, the chair making a dragging noise behind you. You leave the white bathroom and look at the painting set you have going on in the middle of the room.

"Should I clean these up?" you think to yourself.

You don't want to risk getting paint on you again, so it's better to leave it there. You leave the room untouched and make your way downstairs. You see everyone chatting on the couch, letting out laughs every now and then. You smile and start walking towards them.

"Wow, you look like a real businesswoman!" Jin exclaims as he sees you.

"I thought I should give her a good first impression, do you think I'll succeed?" you ask as you do a little spin.

"Definitely," Hoseok lets out a little laugh as he rests his chin on his hand.

"Anyways, I smell food," you turn your head towards the kitchen. "Did someone make food?"

"We called a friend who's a cook since we're having dinner when she comes." Namjoon says as he checks his watch.

"We're eating dinner with her? What if I embarrass myself?" you sigh and lazily sit beside him on the couch.

"Don't worry, it'll go well." he reassures you.

You blow air out as you sink in the couch more. You check your nails and clean the non-existent dust off them. You notice the sudden silence and glance at them. You see them looking at your neck with a saddened expression.

"O-oh, I thought I covered them," you quickly hide the bruises with your collar. "Sorry,"

"You don't have to apologise, what happened to you was horrible." Taehyung says quickly after you.

"What?" you turn your head towards him in confusion. Wasn't it only a small fight and you being clumsy?

"Nothing," he clears his throat.

You sigh at his suspicious behavior. You don't have time for any interrogations anyways, so you just leave it. The only thing left to do now is to get through this day and everything will be okay, won't it?

-
-
A/N: Hello dear readers, I know I've been gone for a while now, but I hope I can make it up with giving you a double update (kind of). I'll write the next chapter tomorrow since it's already quite late, but I'll try to start it now so that I don't forget the whole thing that I'm supposed to write. But our precious Yoongles is a grandpa now :') Ugh I love him with my whole heart. Anygays, I'll see you soon, I purple you!💜