Chapter Four

"Scott, Malia, and Lydia are going out to Canaan." Liam told Hayden and I. "He said to go through with the plan as long as it doesn't destroy his house."

"What plan?" Hayden asked.

"Your and Tatum's plan." Liam stated

"We don't have a plan." Hayden rolled her eyes.

"Well, you both said you had all these ideas about how to catch a ghost rider."

I grimaced. "I came up with the idea."

Hayden nodded. "It was pretty bad. And then we had another really bad idea."

"Anything that could work?" Liam asked.

"Remember want we said about it being bad." I have him a look.

"It's really terrible."

"Great. Let's do it." Liam shrugged.

I giggled. "You've been hanging out with me to much. Now, first thing we need to do is break into the faculty storage room."

"To save the whole town from ghost riders? No problem." Liam smiled.

I was kissing Liam as I watched the two teachers who were talking.

Liam pulled away. "Do you have the list?"

I rolled my eyes. "Hayden and I remember everything."

"Which means?" Liam asked.

"It's in our heads." I sighed.

"What if you forget something? Is that a good idea?" Liam was nervous.

Hayden stepped up beside you. "For one:it was gross watching you both kiss. For two:if we get caught stealing school supplies, it's a great idea." The two teachers walked away. "Okay, now."

We hurried into the faculty storage room. Hayden and I immediately started grabbing things.

"Can't we just buy a lightning rod?" Liam asked.

Hayden and I chuckled.

I gave my boyfriend a smirk. "If you have $2500 dollars."

Liam nodded and helped us. Hayden and I turned the corner, to see Mr. Douglas working on something. We shared a look.

He looked up at us. "What are you doing here?" He began to pick things up. "This is faculty only."

"Then why are you the one leaving?" Hayden asked.

"What are you doing?" Liam wondered.

"Plugs and wires?" Hayden furrowed her brows.

My eyes widened. "Oh, my god! Are you making a taser. So cool."

"No. No, of course not." Mr. Douglas shrugged.

"You saw them, didn't you?" Liam asked.

"You should be in class." Mr. Douglas stated.

"Was it the night of the lacrosse game? You saw the lightning, the men, and the horses." Liam said.

"Dozens of them."

"Then what?"

"It was chaos. They were everywhere. Some of the kids were running. But for everyone else it, it was like there was nothing there. They couldn't see a thing."

I looked at him in suspicion. If he saw them, how come he was here still. Everyone who saw them was taken. I didn't trust him.

"We saw them." I spoke up.