Chapter Twelve

I didn't want to leave Liam but Theo needed me. We were at the school. Theo, Tracy and I.

"Did you see it?" Tracy asked.

I shook my head

"It was too fast." Theo said.

"But it's here?"

"Yeah. So keep your distance. Look, we're not trying to catch it. Not yet."

There was a loud growl off in the distance. We three ran towards the sound. We walked the halls of the high school.

"Is it just me or is the school a lot more creepy at night." I whispered.

Tracy smiled. And Theo did nothing except glowing his eyes at the lockers.

"It's the same message, isn't it?" Tracy asked. "What are they trying to tell it?"

I glowed my eyes and saw it. Damnatio Memoriae.

"Trying to get it to remember who it was." Theo said.

"But isn't it just a teenager, like us? Isn't it just a kid underneath?"

"Yeah, they don't care about that. The Doctors, they needed a body. Because they couldn't resurrect the Beast out of thin air. That kid underneath, whoever it is, just a side effect. All the Doctors care about is the Beast."

I shuddered. That's terrible.

"What happens when it does remember?" I asked.

"I'm not sure. The thing probably doesn't even know it turns back to human during the day."

"I read that the Beast of Gévaudan killed 113 people." Tracy said. "Is that true?"

"No." Theo smiled.

I sighed in relief.

"The Doctors told me it was closer to 500." He continued.

Oh crap. A door opens and closes. My head snapped at the sound. There was crackly sound. The dread doctors. Tracy got her claws ready. We went around the corner and the light flashed.

A dread doctor appeared and Tracy slashed it. He smacked Tracy and she fell. My heads went up eyes glowing, fangs blaring and claws ready.

I roared and lunged at them. I ducked, twisted, punched and kicked at them. I was fast on my feet that they couldn't touch me. The one with the cane swung at me and before I could duck it slashed my side. I grunted but didn't stop. One pushed me and I went flying into Theo. He caught me before we both went went tumbling down.

"Leave." One said.

"Where is it?" Theo asked.

"You already have your pack." Another said.

"It wasn't enough. Look at my eyes. They look red to you? I'm not an Alpha. I'm not even a real werewolf."

Footsteps thudded down the hall. The Beast. He growled. Tracy gasped. And I think did to but I'm not sure because I'm staring at someone's head that is in the Beast hands. We all went back, trying to get far away. He roared. It was
so loud that the lockers rattles. I fell to my knees, covering my ears. Everything stops. When we look up the dread doctors and the Beast are gone.

Hayden and I are at school with Theo. The speakers squealed and I winced.

"Attention all students. Mr. O'Quinn's classes are canceled for today. If anyone knows his whereabouts, please let the office know immediately." A man over the speakers says.

Theo walked Hayden and I to class.

"Codominance, a relationship among alleles where both alleles contribute to the phenotype of the heterozygote. Quite a mouthful, I know, but it's exactly what we'll be learning in today's lab. Students in the first and third row, look behind you. These are your partners." Mrs. Finch says.

Liam looked right at me. Seriously I should've made Hayden sit here. Hayden smiled and gave me a thumbs up. I glared.

Liam and I were sitting by each other and it was kinda awkward.

"Remember that in codominance, neither allele is recessive. The phenotype of both alleles are expressed. In human blood what is a good example of codominance?"
Mrs. Finch says.

"Type AB." Corey replied.

"Very good. So, today, you're going to solve a little mystery. Two couples had babies on the same day in the same hospital. Were the babies switched? Open your packets and read the instructions."

I opened mine as did everyone else. Mrs. Finch was looking at everyone.

"You gonna talk to me?" I asked, quietly.

"I'm reading the instructions."

I gave him a look. "You know what I mean."

"You mean how You're hanging out with a total psycho that tried to get me to kill Scott and then did it himself? Yeah, okay, lets... let's talk about that."

"That total psycho brought me back to life. Remember that? I'm not dying again."

"You don't have to..."

"Why? Because Scott's gonna save us. He doesn't even know what's coming."

"What do you mean? What's coming?"

"Seems to be a lot of discussion over here." Mrs. Finch interrupts. "Can't imagine you've already solved the mystery, have you?"

"No." Liam sighs.

"Get to it."

Liam was sitting on the stairs in the school library. He was looking gloomy.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

I smiled down at him.

"Trying not to get involved." Liam said.

I sat down by him. "Does that include me?"

"Maybe."

"I know how you look up to Scott and how all of you feel about him. But he just can't protect us the way Theo can. My legal guardian and Hayden ..."

"Your legal guardians a sheriff's deputy, and she looks like she can handle herself. And Hayden's a Chimera so she can protect herself."

"Not if I'm dead. They won't be able to handle that at all. I can't die again, Liam. Do you get it? It would ruin them."

"It would ruin me too."

I smile. That was the most sweetest things he ever said to me.

I leaned up and we met in the middle, pressing our lips together. I love him and nothing Theo does can change that. Nobody could. We pulled away and leaned our foreheads together staying like that for who knows how long.

A/N

Yay. Another chapter. What do you think so far? I hope you like it. Since Hayden isn't really in the next episode I'm going to skip it. Thanks for reading.

~Belle~