Chapter Seven

I gasped, my eyes shooting open. I looked around at all the people. Hayden was beside me. We were taken to the wild hunt. But I knew Liam would find a way to save me. He always did.

I saw Mason, I jumped up with a smile. I ambushed him with a hug. "Mason!"

"Tatum? Hayden?" He pulled away. "They got you."

Hayden nodded. "Liam's safe though."

"I can't find Corey. Have you seen him?" Mason looked around.

Hayden and I shared a look. "No, we'll help you find him."

~~~~~~~

"Corey?" Mason yelled. "Corey. How many rooms does this place have?"

"Beyond the 57 we've already searched?" Hayden sighed. "Probably enough for all of Beacon Hills."

"We're never gonna find him." Mason frowned.

"Hey, we will." I placed a hand on his arm for comfort.

"Just keep looking." Hayden smiled at him.

"Attention, all passengers." Someone over the PA said. "The train will be arriving in 19 minutes."

"Okay, we're running out of time." Mason said.

"Mason. You always know where he is." Hayden reminded.

"Yeah, except for right now." Mason told us.

I turned to him. "You said that finding Corey was your only super power. If you lose Corey, you always find him, no matter what."

Hayden agreed. "Just clear your mind, focus."

"Attention, all passengers." Whoever was over the PA repeated. "The train will be arriving in 19 minutes."

Mason froze, looking back at Hayden and I. "It's him."

"The train will be arriving in 17 minutes." Corey said over PA.

"Are you sure it's him?" Hayden asked.

"I know his smile, I know his touch... And I know that that's his voice." Mason stated.

"Good, now how will we get to him?" I asked.

"It has to come from somewhere." Mason said.

I heard a horse neigh. Not again.

"Mason. We have to go." Hayden said.

"Just give me a minute, I can find it..." Mason trailed off.

"They'll coming." I dragged Mason back with Hayden and I.

Everyone ran from where the sound was coming from. I looked at who was riding the horse in shock. Liam jumped off, smiling at me.

"Liam!" I ran into his arm. "I knew you would find me, find us."

Liam pulled away to kiss me, hard. "I didn't have time to say it back. But I love you, Tatum."

"When did you learn to ride a horse?" Hayden raised her brows, ruining the moment between Liam and I.

"Just now." He chuckled, giving me one last kiss before pulling away.

"Attention, all passengers, the train will be arriving in 9 minutes." Corey said.

I held hands with Liam as we all followed Mason who was trying to find where the cords for the speaker goes.

Mason opened the door and we found Corey. Cords were in him. He was plugged into something.

"Attention, all passengers. The train will be arriving in 8 minutes." Corey spoke into a microphone that was in him.

Mason barely touched one of the cords when Corey flinched in pain.

"Okay, we need to unplug him." Mason showed worry for Corey. "We need to just get him out of this thing."

"I'll start with the big one. I'll pull it quick." Hayden said. "It'll hurt, but Corey can heal."

Liam rushed forward. "We can't. Not until Scott diverts the train. If we stop the merging  Scott won't be able to find the diverter."

"You wanna just leave him like this?" Mason asked.

"We have to give Scott more time." Liam stated.

"Look at him. We... We need to do something.

"Not yet..." Corey gasped. "You have to try to save everyone."

Mason held Corey's hand. "How do we save you?"

"Now!" Liam yelled when he heard Scott's roar.

"It's okay." Corey said. "I'll heal."

"Promise?" Mason asked.

"I'm sorry." I told him as I helped pull the cords out.

Corey screamed in pain.

I knocked on Liam's door. I shifted nervously.

Liam opened the door. "Tatum, I didn't think I'll see you today."

I frowned. "Can we talk?"

He nodded, opening the door farther open for me. "What's up? Is everything over?"

I shook my head, turning to him. "I'm moving."

His eyes widened. "What?"

"Hayden and I need to protect Valerie, so we're moving." I cried. "I'm sorry, but we need to."

"That doesn't mean we can't try long distance." Liam told me.

"I can't do that to you, Liam. I can't and I won't. That's why I have to do this. I'm breaking up with you." I finally said it.

"What?" He gasped.

"I can't hold you back. I love you to much for that. This won't be the last time we see each other, that I can promise. And maybe when I come back, we can give this another go. Because if we are truly meant for each other, we'll find our way back to one another." I took his hands. "I love you, Liam Dunbar. You are my first love, the man I hated but came to love. You saved me so many times, you brought me to myself after I died. And maybe you will be my only love."

He cried. "I love you, Tatum Carter."

He kissed me one last time.

A/N

What did you think about the ending? Poor Tatum and Liam, they can never catch a break.

Thanks for reading.

~Belle~