chapter OO1 - Run Boy Run

<Somewhere in time>

<Somewhere in time>

Dark clouds hung in the sky and rain was softly drizzling on the roof. Georgie Denbrough was staring out of his brother's window, drawing a smiley face on the moist. "Sure I will not get into trouble Bill?" the young boy asked.
Bill Denbrough sat on his bed, carefully folding a paper into a boat.

"Don't be a wu-wu-wuss. I'd come with you if i weren't....dying."
He coughed. "You're not dying" Georgie stood up and walked over to him. "Didn't you see the
v-v-vomit coming out of my nose this morning?" Bill stated.

"That's disgusting"

Bill smiled at his brother. "Go get the wax."
Georgie's face fell. "In the cellar?"
He didn't like the cellar mostly because it's dark. Plus, it was raining. "You want it to f-f-float don't you?" Bill said. "Fine." Georgie sighed as he walked to the door.

The young boy trudged down the stairs. The sound of the piano softly playing accompanied by the pattering raindrops. He opened th door to the cellar and was greeted by darkness. Slowly, Georgie descended down the creaking stairs into the dark.

"Alright, there you go. S-she's all ready captain." Bill smiled, as he handed the newly waxed boat to his brother. "She?" Georgie asked, admiring the craft. It was made of yellowed paper, with
S.S. Georgie written on the side.

"People call b-b-boats 'she'" Bill explained. Georgie examined the boat, carefully turning it over his hand. "She... Thanks Billy." He smiled and hugged Bill goodbye. Bill tickled Georgie, causing him to move back and giggle.
"See you later." Georgie called and left the room to play in the rain.

"Bye"

----

Night had arrived and the Wheeler's basement was a loud house. Shouts and excited laughs echoed from the basement as Mike Wheeler, Lucas Sinclair, Dustin Henderson, and Will Byers played another game of D&D.

"Something's coming. Something hungry for blood." Mike said seriously, looking at his friends one by one. "A shadow grows in the wall behind you, swallowing you in the darkness."

"It's almost here" He whispered.

"What is it? What if it's the demogorgon. Jesus, we're so screwed if it's the demogorgon." Dustin exclaimed from his seat.

"It's not the demogorgon" Lucas sighed.

"An army of troglodytes charge into the chamber!" Mike exclaimed.

"Troglodytes?"
"Told ya."

" Wait a minute. Did you hear that? That that sound?" Mike said. "Boom boom Boom! That didn't come from the troglodytes. No, that That came from something else." He paused for effect before slamming the demogorgon on the table. "The Demogorgon!"