chapter OO1 - The Gamer

It had been two years since the mysterious events that took place in Hawkins, Derry. Two years since the Party and the Losers joined forces and fought IT.

Now, the town was quiet and peaceful once more. And the town's trashmouth was sitting in Mike's basement.

"Wow. It's been a week and this place is a mess already." Richie looked around the jungle of items strewn on the basement's floor and desks. The two groups had meet ups here every now and then, to watch movies, play games, and have fun.

But Richie went here often to hang out with his cousin, who was becoming an emotional mess since Eleven had disappeared.
"C'mon Mike it's been a fucking two years. Get over it." The boy whined.
Mike glared at his cousin from under the table fort. They may have become close, but the two still had occasional disagreements.

Well. A lot of disagreements.

"Yeah! TWO years! I've been hoping for two years that she'll return and I still am." Mike argued. "Well lemme tell you. You're missing out a ton. You didn't come with us to the parade yesterday and missed some chances with other girls."

"Like you have ever dated." Mike retorted and rolled his eyes. Richie went silent and annoyingly stared at Mike. "I'm just saying. You've been waiting for her for two years and still nada. So get over it and find ze replacemento."

"But she's irreplaceable. Eleven's special." Mike sighed and stood up. "And you are an idiot for trying to change my mind."

Richie sighed and changed the topic. "Wanna hang out in the arcade? School's back tomorrow and you've been doing nothing for the past two years aside from eating, messing up this room, and sleeping in that fort." The boy gestured around as he spoke, emphasizing the point.

Mike thought of this.
He looked at the black bags under his eyes from reading and staying up. Mike Wheeler was a mess.
"You're right. I do need a break."

"finally." Richie fell into his knees dramatically and faked like he was crying tears of joy. "Oh thy Lord has blessed thee with a good and obedient cousin."

----

    Two years.
Two years since she last saw them.
Two years of living with the Hargreeves.

The girl would be lying if she said it wasn't great here. The whole family was nice to her and Mr. Hargreeves welcomed Francine immediately into the academy upon hearing about her abilities.
The new girl went on some missions, fighting alongside The Umbrella Academy.

Francine and Beverly wrote letters to each other back and forth, the two getting close.

And here she was, seated on her desk as she started a new letter.
Pen to the paper, the ink spilled out as the girl wrote the words that formed in her mind.

Dear Beverly,

     It's been two years.

wow.

I miss all of you so much. Me and Five both do. It's great here so far.
We raided the bank and caught these robbers who tried stealing.
One earned a staple on the head from Five.

The ass totally deserved it.

Anyways, how are you?
I've heard that you and Bill had been writing to each other since you moved away last year. Perks of having precognition.
And I'm totally supporting Billverly as much as team Mileven.

Don't ask why I've made ship names already.

I hope we'll meet soon. Just wishing it's on better circumstances than last time.
See ya.