chapter OO4 - "Like The Number?"

Same Day7 days left

Same Day
7 days left

         Knock, knock Richie thumped on his cousin's house. He, including Eddie, Bill, Stanley, Ben and Francine (Who was still dressed in her dirty hospital gown) biked to Mike's house to see the girl from last night.

   Mike opened the door and saw the extended group standing with curious faces. "Richie, what the-"

"I brought them over." He grinned.

"But El's in trouble." Mike said.

"Hey you never said I couldn't bring them over. Plus, we found this new girl that might be somehow connected to her." Richie gestured over to Francine.
Mike widened his eyes and beckoned them to come inside.

"Her name's El. Short for Eleven."

"Eleven? Like the number?" Eddie asked. Mike nodded his head.
The basement was filled with the losers club and the party. Francine walked inside and spotted her.

Eleven

She rushed in and grabbed El's hand, matching the two numbers.

011 and 006

"Told you so." Richie beamed proudly. "They're connected," Mike mumbled. "Does she have powers too?"

"P-p-powers?" Bill asked.
"Can you show them El?" Mike asked. Eleven nodded and stared intensely at the basement door, shutting it closed with her mind.
"Do you have that too, Francine?" Stanley said. Francine thought for a moment before telling the boys.

"Yes."

"Like Eleven's?"

"No. They're different."

"W-what is i-it?"

"I can see what will happen next." Francine whispered. The boys exchanged glances and Eleven tilted her head. "The future?" Dustin asked. She nodded her head at him. "I saw all of you. Running towards me."

"holy-" Richie started to say, when a bright blue flash illuminated the room. "-shit."

There stood a boy, not much taller than them. He wore some kind of school uniform and his hair was a bit messy. "Where am I?"

"I- uh..." Mike stuttered.
The rest of them had wide eyes, staring at the boy in front of them.
The boy looked around the room and saw a familiar paper.

A newspaper.

He grabbed it and flipped through the pages. "Shit. 7 days left."

"S-seven d-d-days?" Bill asked.

"Yeah, seven days till the end." The boy muttered. He flipped over to the next pages and saw the all too familiar missing posters.
"The world ends in 7 days?" Eddie said to himself worriedly.

"Who are you anyways and how did you suddenly appear here?" Mike questioned. The boy didn't look up from the paper and continued flipping through its pages.

"Call me Five."

"Like the number?" Dustin asked, completely surprised at the events that had happened.
Eleven, Francine, and now Five.

Richie stomped over to him, grabbed his arm, and checked his wrists. "Where. is. the. number?"

"What number?" Five asked, confused. "Those girls have numbers on their wrists and they have powers." Ben explained.
Five looked over to the two girls that sat quietly on the sofa.
"Never seen them before. And powers?"

"Telekinesis and Precognition." Dustin explained. Five nodded and tossed the newspaper back to the desk. "I saw him too." Francine said quietly. Five turned to her and scrunched his eyebrows.
"She saw us all together," Mike explained. "You were there too, I guess."

"The. World. Ends. In. Seven.
Days." Eddie gasped into his inhaler. "Why?" Stan whispered.
They were all in shock at the news except for Eleven, Five, and Francine. "What power do you have anyways?"

"I can time travel and teleport to places. I accidentally went to the future yesterday. Piece of shit by the way," Five said, checking out another newspaper. "Called it." Richie muttered. "There were...black vines and these weird green slugs everywhere. That all happens in seven days and I have no idea how it happened."

"It's p-p-pretty weird if you ask me." Bill said, looking down. The group turned their attention to the boy. "G-g-georgie disappearing, Will B-byers, these k-k-kids with special abilities appear suddenly... It's like it's all
c-connected."

"Don't forget Patrick Hocksetter." Lucas said as he walked down the basement stairs after picking up the morning paper. The kids saw the missing poster indicating that Patrick went missing as well.

Suddenly, a static sound came from Mike's walkie talkie.
A familiar voice sounded from it, singing the song "Should I Stay Or Should I Go". 

Quiet settled in the room as all of them heard the small voice that shivered in the radio. It stopped with a small screech and everyone stood there staring.

"Was that..." Mike said quietly.
Mike looked to see Eleven, with a small smile with blood dripping down her nose.

"Will."

  "He's still alive." Dustin gasped.
Five frowned at them, completely lost. "Ok I'm so lost. Tell me everything."

        Lucas explained the whole situation as Mike climbed upstairs to get Francine some new clothes.
She looked around the basement in awe. It was filled with all sorts of stuff. Action Figures, comic books, game boards, novels, dvds, and a bunch of other things.
"Where are you guys headed tomorrow?" Richie asked, when Mike got back down with the fresh set of clothing for Francine.
"We might sneak into school to go to the AV room. To get El to a higher signal." He said.
Richie raised an eyebrow in surprise.

     "It's summer, you're supposed to be having fun. We're going to the quarry tomorrow and you're grumpy highness will be welcome to join." Richie grinned.
"Maybe next time. We need to find Will. Stop by here tomorrow?" Mike said to the group.

"Wait, where will F-francine stay?" Bill asked. They looked over to Francine and Eleven sitting quietly at the sofa. "The bad men might find them."

"Bad men?"

"Some creepy dudes who'll kill her and us." Mike shuddered.

"Dr. Brenner." Francine said. "Who the fuck is that?" Five frowned. "The lab. He used us and tested us. Like animals." She looked down, remembering the white walls of the lab.

Their eyes widened. Too much had happened today. Eleven, Francine, and Five appeared mysteriously. "Back to the point. Where are they staying?" Stan said. Mike looked around in the basement. It was big enough for El, Five, and Francine to sleep in.

"They can stay here."

                            ----

a/n
Istanmikedagentleman.

thischaptersucksbutFiveisinit

Thewholebooksucks

isuck

thissucks

butthecharactersdontsuck

fiveandbilldontsuck

nooneinthisbooksukcs

exceptfordrbrenner

yeehaythed