chapter OO4 - The Girl Returns

"Hello. This is Roger Dollings. I'm here to enroll my two children for a week at school? We're here visiting and being the smart person I am, I don't want them to miss any school days." Richie said in a deep voice to the phone. He was calling the school office, a failing attempt to enroll Francine and Five to the school.

"I'm sorry what?" The woman at the other end asked.

"I just said. I'm enrolling my kids to your school for a few days if that's possible."

"I'm not sure if that's possible sir."

"Then why don't you check if it is possible hm?" Richie was getting irritated. This was too much work.

"I'm sorry but the-"

"My father," Richie switched into a british accent. "The prime minister, is going to skidaddle himself there. Post haste!"

"I uh.. sure Sir. Just take your two children to the principal's office when you arrive at school." The woman finished and ended the call.

"D-do you even know w-what post haste means?" Bill frowned. Richie shook his head and turned to Francine and Five. "You guys are good liars right?"

The two looked at each other.
"Pretty good." Five nodded.

"OKAYETH LET US HEADETH TO SCHOOLETH!" Richie yelled and stormed out of the house.
"What happened to that kid?" Five stated and started walking away. "He reminds me of Klaus." Francine snickered and followed the boy outside. 

<><><>

"I hate school." Richie thumped his head on the desk.

They had arrived at the school classrooms easily. Francine and Five went to the office to get signed up.

The group was waiting patiently.
Bill stared out of the window. He was lucky enough to get a window seat this year. The view outside was peaceful. Just birds, trees, the road with cars, some people, and..

A familiar red haired girl.

The boy's eyes widened as he processed what he just saw.
Her short hair was still the same, she was dressed in a floral dress with shorts underneath, while carrying a black backpack.

It was Beverly.

"Hello children welcome to- MR. DENBROUGH COME BACK HERE."

It was too late.
The determined boy raced out of the classroom in a hurry. His feet were thumping on the ground, gaining speed as he ran. Through a hallway, down some stairs.

He was finally outside.
There she was, standing alone while staring at the school.
She was remembering everything.
Greta, the boys, the clown.

"B-beverly?"

A soft gasp came out of her mouth. She turned her head to see him. The boy she had been hoping to see again. "Bill." She grinned and enveloped him in a hug.
Bill hugged back, speechless that she was actually here.

"How are you?" Beverly smiled.
"G-good. I- uh.. W-where are you st-s-staying?" The boy stuttered nervously, mentally cursing to himself. "My dad's apartment is still mine. I can just stay there by myself." Beverly explained.

Bill nodded.
"Let's go in."

<><><>

"You must be Francine and
..uh...Five." Mr. Clark smiled at the two who had entered the room.
They nodded and started walking to the two empty seats while sharing a knowing look to Richie.

The glassed boy looked proud.
His voice acting career was going places. Right now, he was smiling like a proud father.

"Five? Like the number?" A student snickered amusingly.

This made someone quite triggered. "Yes. Like the number. Now do me a favor and shut up." Five gave a fake, irritated smile to the boy.

The class was interrupted once more by another student.

Two, actually.

"Nice of you to join us Mr. Denbrou- Ms. Marsh?" Mr. Clarke stared at them, thinking he was seeing a ghost. "Hello again Mr. Clarke." Beverly smiled sweetly.
Mr. Clarke was Beverly's favorite teacher since she was younger.

"Welcome back to class then." The teacher smiled.

Francine's eyes widened with happiness when she saw her friend. Beverly shared the same look as she scanned the room to see all the Losers. The A.V. club was in a different room so she didn't see them.

Anyways, they were here.
The oath was complete.

<><><>

"So how was school?" Stanley inquired, looking at Five and Francine. One smiled, the other one scrunched up his nose.

"It was great." Francine said.

"It was boring." Five sighed.

"I'm team Five." Eddie stated.

The losers were outside, hanging out under a patch of trees. School was done for the day. Francine and Beverly were catching up on each other. The boys were talking about god knows what.

From the corner of Richie's eye, he spotted a certain redhead skateboarding alone. He smiled to himself and stood up, earning confused glances from his peers.
"Umm where are you going?" Mike raised an eyebrow. "Stepping up my game, oh good cousin." Richie smirked and walked away.

"What's cooking good lookin?" Richie leaned on a tree and smirked at Max.
"I- uhh I'm good?" Max glanced at him, slightly creeped out. It wasn't really everyday that the guy you beated at the arcade suddenly appears out of nowhere.

"So whatcha doing?" Richie smiles at her, earning a glare from the girl. "I think you need to change your glasses. Can't you see that I'm skateboarding?" Max stated. "What are you even doing here? I don't know your name."

"The name's Richie. Richie Tozier aka. Trashmouth on the Arcade."

"Oh right. The guy who's always on second place." Max smiled and skated away. To her dismay, he just ran after her. "Hey, I beated you on digdug." The boy bragged.

"Mhm and I beated you again." Max said.

Richie was out of flirts.
He couldn't think of anything to say anymore but he had to find a non creepy way to hang out with her again.

"So I was wondering if you'd like to go trick or treating tomorrow? It's Halloween." Richie said.
"Jeez, what are we, five? But sure whatever." Max rolls her eyes and smiles amusingly. Richie's smile grew larger with excitement.
"So uh I'll see ya tomorrow zoomer." The boy yelled to Max, who skated far away from him.

His heart filled with pride and happiness, he walked over to his group of friends, who were staring at him confused. "What happened?" Will asked.
"I got a date." Richie smiled. "What?" Dustin snickered.

"Max is gonna go trick or treating with us."

"Wait what?" Lucas and Dustin's eyes widened. "How'd you do that?" Mike W. asked. "With the help of my good looks and smooth flirting skills of course." Richie bragged. "You guys should take some notes from me."

Author's Note

i have nothing to say yeeee