Chapter 2

' Before you decide where you belong, decide first on who you are' ~ Princess

Chapter 2: Silver Scales

Groaning, she wakes up. She tries to move her talons but her paws are clamped to a stone wall along with her back legs. Her mouth has been snapped shut with a metal clamp and her tail has also been pinned to the wall. She's in a prison cell. A very unsanitary one. She looks to the side and notices the empty cages around her. Was I the only one who got captured? Are there more?

"Quick load the queen into the cage. I want to start these experiments right away. Ohhh, Prince Snow will be so proud of me." An icewing shakes his head as he scurries past Princess's cage and loads Queen Velocity into a cage down the other end of the hallway. The icewing returns back to her cage and eyes her with beady blue eyes. "I want to test this one first, she seems like a fighter."

His scales glow more silver instead of white, quite an unusual colour for icewing scales. He has about six horns on the back of his head and his laugh sent shrills down her spine, though she doesn't know why. "Prepare her please. I have a hunting test with Prince Snow. Wish me luck." Who is this Prince Snow? I wish to meet him. "Right away Silver Scales." The other icewing, more of a snow white colour, swings open the cage door. Silver Scales. Oh. That explains his name.

The positions his talons around Princess's snout, quivering. "If I take this off, please don't kill me." She nods. She never promised him anything. He twists it and removes the clamp from her snout. She gasps, rubbing her painful snout, muttering, "Ouch finally."

"Now lay down till Silver gets back. He won't be long." The icewing leaves the cage, locking it behind him. Princess lays down, frowning. There is no way out. This. She rests her snout on her folded paws. This is where I belong. 

***

Authors Note

Sorry the chapter is so very short. I am very busy lately and only get time to write stories during class. But shh. 

'Find where you belong' and have a good day ya'all :)