Chapter 3

' Sometimes the closest friends are the ones who could betray you unexpectedly.' ~ Snow Storm

Chapter 3 

Prince Snowstorm

"Get up rainwing." The icewing drags Princess under her forearms. She groans and weakly stands up. An icewing with light blue scales and four horns on his back head walks beside Silver his talons clicking menacingly on the cold stone ground. The icewing turns and stares at Princess with concerned eyes . Maybe he's not too bad. "Prince Snow, this is a genetically rare rainwing as we have discovered. Princess the rainwing." Silver says.

For some odd reason, Snow bows. My name may be a little trick sometimes. "She can do some very amazing things Sir. We haven't practised anything yet but I can show you what I think she is capable of." 

"Please Silver. Call me Snow. We've talked about this." Snow responds grinding his teeth and shaking of his head. Silver returns the gesture, "No your highness. I do it out of respect and because you're my friend," he turns and narrows his eyes wickedly at Princess, "now to show you what she can do."

The clamp had been returned back over her snout when the other icewing thought she was going to blast his head off. Silver presses a button so that  the clamp clashes to the ground. A hole opens up in the ground and a wooden target rises up from the hole. The mechanical clanking stops and the target glares at Princess, taunting her.

"Go on." Silver pressures Princess to shoot. She opens her mouth, aims for the bulls eye then shoots her venom. The black venom splatters on the rim of the bulls eye so she shoots again, a big splotch of black landing in the middle eating into the wood. Snow claps his talons together with impression, "Wow. That's amazing Silver." His eyes glitter at Silver. "Thank you Sir. I honestly had no idea she could do that." Silver presses the button again and the target disappears.

The clamp returns onto Princess's snout. She turns with helpless eyes towards Snow. Silver scurries down the hallway leaving Snow to stare at her. She tries to whisper a 'help me,' but it is useless against the clamp. "I will help you. Tonight. Be ready." He nods then turns his head and walks the same direction as Silver. He wants to help me. An icewing helping a rainwing, why would he possibly want to do it? Betray his tribe? For me? Why? I mean I did run away but that's not betraying my tribe. Is it? 

***

Authors note

Again, another short chapter. As the story continues, the chapters will grow so get ready for some dragon action :) 

~SunsetDawn0