Chapter one (1)....China's Purebloods

Ancient Chinese history reviews the age of the Purebloods. The country boasted of nearly 200 different families but by the 16th century there only remained 10 families in a ranking system made for the strong to rule and the weak kneel.

The Zhou family know for the platinum blonde hair and emerald green eyes sat at the top taking the 1st position...Xie 2nd...Yun...Meng...Su...Wei...Sung...Xi and Murong in that order from top to bottom. The limited number of families lead to the creation of the Eastern Empire with the Zhou family acting as the rulers of the Monarchy Emperors since the dawn of time.

The lands of the Eastern Empire span most Countries south east of Russia...India,North and South Korea and many including China were apart of the Empire. The main priority of the Empire was the protection of the Vampires and keeping the hunters in line. It's creation was a protest against the desolation of the Kuran Monarchy but their last king. They felt humans were prey and that Vampires were at the top of the food chain. After the Zhou family took over the Empire first priority remained the same but the second taking a shift that being the creation of a Vampire country human slaves that had served the Vampires would be part of it them being slaves still and sent them acquiring positions in governments in the eastern part of the Asian continent.

But how they went about it and the end result is another story altogether and will be discussed later now however is the love story of Kaname Kuran and Zhou Mei Ling and the rise of the Vampires.

Let's start with how they met. Mei Ling or Ling'er as she was affectionately called was the younger twin sister of Zhou Mei Mue and the Queen of the Empire. The Zhou family having ruled the Empire from the 16th century was in crease,they had two girls with the oldest mated to the heir of the throne and a younger unmated child. The possibility of their being a second child to mate with her was zero as the ancient law forbid having more then two children per family and believe in the the law string as in the centuries they had only ever been two children forming a couple for later years. Mei Ling upset that once ancient and sacred law that they had to think of a way to save their child and keep the Empire in order. Grandfather Zhou came up with a solution find a Purebred Vampire outside their boards and only to a Vampire worthy of being King. And who better for a wanting princess than the Kuran family Heir.

Being Zhou Lei Long favorite granddaughter Mei Ling was going to the best and therefore she would marry a Kuran.