{4} Talking it out makes things better

UniKitty's POV

I spent the rest of the day thinking about the date, going over everything I could've done to make it better. I seemed happy to the others but on the inside I blamed myself for failing at making that a good date. 'Why can't I stop thinking about the date??' I thought as I flew around the castle. "Hey, UniKitty..!" said Dr. Fox behind me. "Oh! Hey Dr. Fox, what's up?" I say, a little scared since I didn't know she was there. "Oh nothing.. I was just wondering, if there was anything wrong- you-you know, yesterday when you left for something.." she replied. There was a moment of silence. "You know you can tell me anything, right? I am your best friend after all," she reassured me. I thought for a moment. "Well, can we at least go to the lab, so I don't risk anyone else hearing this?" I ask, willing to tell my encounters of yesterday. She nods and we make our way to the lab.

I explain the whole thing to her- in detail. Through out my speech she keeps staring at me but understanding my position in all of this. In about 10 minutes or so, I finish my story. "Whoa, that was a lot.. uh, who else knows about this?" "Just you and Rick," I reply. "I see.. well, to analyze all this in the most simple way possible- the date ended in a disaster." she stated. "The whole date was wrong, at least it started to go wrong when I suggested for us to go get cake.." I say in disappointment. "Are- are you blaming yourself for this date going bad??" she asks in a worried, but surprised tone. "I kinda do.." I admit. "Well, you shouldn't, you can still fix this!" she tries to encourage me. "What's the point if there's no feelings involved.." I disagree. She thinks for a second. "H- have you even tried looking at him that way..?" she replies, stuttering due to the stress. "I did! But he doesn't think of me like that.. it seemed so before- that he liked me..." I say slowly. "What?? When??? Oh wait.. you did mention something about a kiss on the date before.." she says, deep in thought. "Can I hear the story behind the first date too? I can help you better that way," she continues. "I-.. okay.." I say and with that, I tell her about events that took part in the first date.
Another 10 minutes pass and I'm finished with my- yet another- 'lovely story'. "I see.. so you liked when he kissed you?" she asked me, as if this was a normal question people used every day. "W- well.. yes.." I say, blushing like a red tomato. "And you said that, on the second date, he insisted the kiss being just 'in the moment'?" she asks. "Yeah.." I confirm her statement with disappointment. "Well, at this point, I got nothing-" she says casually. My mind goes blank. 'THEN WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ALL THAT EXPLAINING IN DETAIL???' I yell inside my head while smiling on the outside. "Um, UniKitty, are you even listening?" she asks. 'Huh?' "I said, there still might be a chance that you can fix this, because you've got much more experience with Master Frown than I do, so, is it okay if I leave this to you?" she repeats herself. "Oh, yeah, it'll be fine, I'll work something out.." I say happily and then walking outside the lab.
'That was kind of pointless.. but any help is appreciated if it comes from the heart!' I tell myself, trying to cheer up.

Master Frown's POV

After the disaster-of-a-date I went straight to bed, not even trying to think about it. But I still did.. 'I couldn't bare to see her crying like that, so I left.. wait she- she was so upset about this being all fake, just for use of avoiding things.. Does she actually have feelings for me?? But that can't be it, she used it as an excuse, just like i did!- But what about the first date, she was blushing, all awkward around me..' those were the thoughts that were in my mind all night.

When I woke up, it was already 8am. 'Damn it, I over slept' I think as I get out bed and get ready for the day. I walk downstairs to see Brock already binge-eating ice cream in front the TV. "Are you serious?? So early??" I say, annoyed as hell. "Yeah man," he says in response. I groan loudly as I go cook myself some breakfast. "Shhhhh, I need to hear this, it's interesting," he says back at me. I finish my breakfast and go upstairs, since Brock 'needs to have his silence'.

Just as I close my door, the phone rings. 'Oh great' I say sarcastically in my head. I go back down and pick up the phone. "Yes..?" I say as boringly as I can. "Um yes, this is Master Frown, right?" a familiar voice says- UniKitty's. "Yep, that's me," I say normally.
"Um well, I- I wanted to apologize for y-yesterday.. I didn't mean to cry and accuse you of doing bad things. I'm sorry." she says and comes back the awkward silence. "I- I guess I can accept that," I say, trying to sound as casual as I can. "Hey, who's on the phone, dude?"  "Nothing for you to worry about, just be quiet!" I say harshly.
"Jesus, fine," "Uh well, s- sorry for taking your time, I'll go now, bye!!" she says quickly and hangs up. 'Well, someone's embarrassed' I think to myself grinning while leaving the living room.

UniKitty's POV

I decided to try and fix things after all. I figured that I kind of do like him.. So I called him- I was way to embarrassed to go and tell him this in person. I pick up the phone and dial his house phone number. In 2 seconds of ringing someone picks up "Yes..?" he says boringly. "Um yes, this is Master Frown, right?" I recognize his voice. "Yep, that's me," he says normally.
'Well, here it goes'
"Um well, I- I wanted to apologize for y-yesterday.. I didn't mean to cry and accuse you of doing bad things. I'm sorry." I say and start blushing. There's a few seconds of silence."I- I guess I can accept that," he replies to me. I hear a familiar voice in the background "Hey, who's on the phone, dude?" "Nothing for you to worry about, just be quiet!" he says harshly.
'Rude.'
"Jesus, fine," Brock replies. I try to distract Master Frown from fighting with him right now "Uh well, s- sorry for taking your time, I'll go now, bye!!" I say and quickly hang up. After that I was blushing like crazy- I really do like him!

Here's the update, took me a few hours to write but it's here now! Also, I might not update everyday since I've got school and stuff so bare with me! Enjoy!
-Ema