Swipe Right

"Flight A2C heading from Greenwich Village, New York to Paris, we regret to inform you that your flight has been delayed for approximately 3 hours. The pilots have been needed to attend to other matters. We apologize for the delay."

Countless amounts of groans are heard from the people at the A2C section of the airport. I run a hand through my hair, definitely not appreciative of the pointless delay. What matter was so urgent that they had to mess up my vacation? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the pilots were in the bathroom fucking. Either way, I definitely was going to miss almost all my reservations that I had booked beforehand in Paris.

So much for being responsible for once.

I lean back in my seat, fixating my self so I can at least get a bit more comfortable while I wait. To kill some time, I pull out my phone and scroll through my home screen, attempting to find something more interesting to do. Suddenly, I get an idea.

I tap on the App Store icon and type in the search bar, 'Tinder'. I've been told by Lucas that I've been single for WAY too long, and using this app would be better than doing nothing.

I anxiously await for the app to finish installing, not knowing what i would be getting myself into. As the icon finally pops up in my home screen, I rapidly tap on the app and set up an account.

Name: Maya Hart
Age: 19
Occupation: Artist
Education: UCLA
Interests: Drawing, The outdoors, etc.
Preferences: anything that isn't too kinky

Simple enough, I think to myself.

But as I scroll down to answer the final questions, my heart drops.

Sexuality:

I bite my lip as I stare at the word, unsure of how to answer.

Sexuality.

I slowly type in the response, not sure if I made the right choice.

Sexuality: Unsure

I click the 'Done' button and confirm my answers hesitantly.

A flurry of profiles begin to flood my feed, attempting to match me up with someone who might catch my interests.

Zay? Nope.

Farkle? No thanks.

Josh? Definitely not.

I subconsciously swipe left on all of the profiles I encounter, realizing this was a waste of time. As I'm about to close the app, my breath hitches as I discover the profile of the most beautiful woman I might've ever encountered.