Chapter Twenty-Four: Reunited

*Slight smut warning*

...

Loud music blares throughout the house, sweaty bodies grind up against one another as liquor is passed around in plastic cups. Jungkook is in the corner of the room, chugging down a bitter drink as he tries to forget. Forget the fairy that torments his mind, forget the darkness that creeped its way through his memories, and forget the sound of Taehyung's sobbing when he left. Hoseok stands next to him, warily watching as Jungkook drowns in his cups. It has been months. He knows Jungkook's not going to get any better with time.

"Okay. Enough. I can't watch this anymore," Hoseok snaps as he grabs the cup from Jungkook's hand, the liquid spilling over clenched fingers. The boy frowns, his dark eyes narrowing in slits.

"Don't, Hoseok..." he hisses and his red-haired friend just sighs, ripping the cup away from him.

"Why? You don't want me reminding you of him?!" Hoseok asks, and even with all the distractions and loud music and horny patrons, Jungkook disappears into his mind, a vision of Taehyung right there in front of him as if he were in the same room. The fairy sits on the edge of his bed, staring in the direction of Jungkook, mumbling something to himself. He wears the same pinstripe kimono Jungkook has seen him in this past month, and his head starts pounding. These were the visions Jungkook wanted to avoid. These moments of seeing his lover in excruciating pain. Previous times, nothing really happened except Taehyung would burst into tears. Now, the sobs that rip from his throat are accompanied by two creepy, twisted, bony things escaping out his back. It is then that Jungkook realizes Taehyung's wings are gone. He thought that memory of him ripping them off Taehyung's back was just a hallucination brought on by Chaos. He had many of those that night, but this...destroying Taehyung's wings was real. Without a word, Jungkook runs out of the party, collapsing to his knees on the lawn outside as he finds his own breath caught in his chest. It was real, these are real, he is real...with each thought whirling through his mind, Jungkook punches the grass, his knuckles soon covered in mud and green stains, and scraped bruises. He can see Taehyung falling painfully to his bed, curling in a ball and sobbing against the sheets. It is so painful for him to hear and feel that he forces himself to feel something. Some sort of pain even if that doesn't make it better. Hoseok follows Jungkook out of the party, worry and concern clenched in his tight jaw and narrowed eyes.

"Jungkook—"

"I hurt him so much," Jungkook whispers, fighting the tears in his eyes, "How could I be so selfish and cruel...?"

"You have time to make amends. Go to him. It'll do you both some good," Hoseok says, a sympathetic smile working its way over his concerned face as he kneels next to Jungkook. Jungkook just shakes his head, going to punch the ground again, yet Hoseok stops him by grabbing his forearms and keeping them still.

"He won't forgive me,"

"He will,"

"I don't know how—"

"I'll take you there, for fuck sake, stop making excuses!" Hoseok shouts, and Jungkook looks up at him. He can see the exasperation and concern mixing on his friend's face and he sighs, a bitter smile on his pinched lips.

"I've caused you a lot of trouble, haven't I? I'm sorry, Hoseok..."

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to Taehyung. He's the one hurting," Hoseok says as he helps Jungkook to his feet, "I'm always here for you. No matter what,"

"Thank you..." Jungkook murmurs and Hoseok smiles brightly before casting the symbol to transport them to the Fae Realm. He uses Jungkook's visions as a guide, sending them to a lavender field with a darkening sky above them. On the other side of the field is a small cottage, smoke slipping up out of the chimney and windows flicker with the faint firelight.