Chapter the Twentieth: Ruby

"Ruby. I apologize, but we must do a few tests on you. We need to see how you were hypnotized because we need to be able to fix it. We need to get you out from under that elf's spell," Saimad leads me through the school up passageways I've never been through before.

"What?" I wrench myself out of his grasp. "I'm not hypnotized! I did that for Greya because we're friends!"

"Friends. After two nights of meetings you two are friends? Believe me, Ruby. I know a good spell when I see one. Whether you know it or not, your elf friend has hypnotized you,"

"No, please! Greya and I....well, I feel better around the elves. I feel....safer!" I tell him.

"Saimad!" Opal runs up from behind. I had no idea she was following me and I don't really like it. "Please. She wasn't under a spell," Opal begs. "Don't do a test on her. Don't hurt her!"

I regard Opal coolly. "Why are you here?" I ask her.

"I-I'm helping," she stammers. "I don't want them to hurt you,"

"I don't need your help. I'll do fine on my own," I tell her. She glances at me and then walks away slowly.

"Come. Let's do these tests," Saimad tells me. He leads me into the testing room despite my struggling and kicking. "Ruby. Calm down. I'm not going to hurt you. I would never hurt one of my students. I'm simply doing what we need to do to protect our school. It won't hurt a bit, I promise,"

He leads me to a metal table and pushes me down on it. Before I can even think about it, a needle is injected into my skin and before I can even count to ten, I'm asleep.