14. So Addictive

Jango

I watch my beautiful little mate as she sleeps soundly in my arms. We're in a spare bedroom now, resting on the surprisingly soft bed.

Lyrissa makes a soft sound in her sleep, her fingers subconsciously tightening in my shirt, as if she were afraid I'd suddenly disappear. My arms tighten around her slim body. I try to be careful of her wounds, my eyes lingering on the white bandages that poke out from under the ripped shirt she's wearing.

My eyes darken with anger. I swear I'll kill whoever touched my mate!

Unintentionally a growl slips past my lips. Lyrissa's cobalt eyes fly wide open as a terrified whine comes from her throats. I can hear her heart hammering out of control, kind of like it does whenever I get near her. Her eyes dart up to my face, before she gulps and relaxes little by little.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. Go back to sleep."

She blinks at me, looking more shy and innocent than usual. I keep her gaze for a few seconds or so, seeing something flickering behind her eyes, like always. After a moment she looks down, a suspicious red colour coming to her face.

Lyrissa nods her head, before resting her cheek on my arm, which is under her head. Her eyes flutter closed; I can faintly feel her delicate eyelashes brush against my skin. Subconsciously I rub her hip with my free hand, watching her face intently.

A moment later and my little mate has fallen back asleep. Her breathing is even, a soft expression on her face. After a few minutes she curls up against me tighter, seeking comfort. I hold her closer.

I had felt so panicked when I hadn't been able to find her after the incident when we were watching the sunset. To be completely honest, I don't really remember what happened.

I remember holding Lyrissa, and wanting to kiss her so badly, but everything after that just seems like a big blur. Everything is disorientated, like my brain has been scrambled. I remember seeing this girl from my pack jump out of nowhere. She pretty much sent Lyrissa flying, which had angered me a lot. I didn't want my little mate being pushed away from me, not when I'd gotten her to be so comfortable around me.

She was laughing.

Lyrissa was laughing, and she even smiled. She never does that, I've never seen her smile or laugh. Not once. And her laugh was so magical. With that smile to, it just made her entire face light up. I'd give anything just to see her look like that again.

I sigh. I wish I remember what happened. Lyrissa is so banged up, and it's taking ages for her wolf to heal her because that wound is so deep. I think it's healing a little faster now that I'm here. Her wolf must have realised its mate was near.

I know my wolf has.

He in all good conscious won't just shut up. Always growling about wanting to fully claim what's his right then and there, and often trying to force his way to the surface. I know he only means well, but it's getting annoying.

Wolves are typically submissive to their human's will, but when it comes to something important, like a mate, a wolf will force their opinions on their human. We can't actually hear their thoughts, but their emotions and their wills affect us.

I sigh again, and rest my head on the pillow. Closing my eyes, I try to go to sleep without worrying too much.

When I wake up, it's to hearing a soft knock on the door. My eyes fly wide open as I spare a glance towards the door. The scent of the man who Lyrissa was with fills my nose. I think his name was Kenny or something.