two : plane rides.

the first hour of the flight was filled with laughter and teasing jokes. you kept making fun of jae for complaining how cold it was in the cabin and he kissed you to shut you up, smiling against your lips.

he pulled away, smiling abashedly. he'd probably never admit it but he loved being able to kiss you and cuddle with you. he loved being able to hold your hand and laugh with you and just seeing your face light up.

when the cabin lights dimmed, he pulled out his phone and earbuds. giving you one and wearing the other, lofi began to quietly drift through them. you couldn't keep the smile from spreading across your face because he knew exactly what made you happy, lofi being one of those things.

his hand lifted your chin up so that he could look into your eyes. you saw the adoration in them and he kissed you again with so much love that it was dizzying.

after you pulled apart, he snaked an arm around your shoulder and pulled you closer so that you were snuggling into his side. he kissed the top of your head before starting to comb his fingers through your hair again, humming softly.

you tried to stay awake but with the combination of the music, jae playing with your hair and his low humming made you drift off. when he was sure you were asleep he kissed the top of your head again and smiled lovingly at you before drifting off as well, arms wrapped protectively around you.

you both wake up to the calm voice of the captain informing you that the plane was about to land. yawning, jae reaches over and ruffles your hair affectionately before sitting up straight and fastening his seat belt. you did the same and not even seconds after buckling your seatbelt, jae reached over and grabbed your hand again.

the plane had begun its descent into New York and Jae's eyes widened with excitement. they were glued to the window as skyscrapers and miles of clear blue water cane into view. he started talking excitedly about dinner cruises and shopping and the possibility of snow, beaming at you as he spoke.

as the plane skidded to a halt into the gate and it took everything in your power to try to keep jae from bolting off the plane. you laughed and his giddiness and grabbed your backpacks before leaving the plane hand in hand.