five : line store.

a gust of warm air hit you as you stepped into the store. your eyes widened as you took in the display, marveling at the rows of colorful stuffed animals stacked to the ceilings. a giant bear sat at the entrance, as if to greet you. jae beamed at you, gesturing forward for you to look around.

to just "look around" was an understatement. you covered every square inch of the store, picking up and commenting on everything in sight. you walked excitedly to each shelf, cooing at the different plushies. jae's heart melted at the sight of your excitement and couldn't hide the loving look in his eyes.

you brought jae over to the chicken stuffed animal, telling him it looked just like him. he pouted and crossed his arms as you laughed. he eventually caved in and let a grin show on his face. he leaned in to kiss you on the forehead before ruffling your hair.

having decided that that was the stuffed animal you wanted, you walked over to the register together. jae commented that he could kind of see the resemblance and you both laughed.

now the owner of a stuffed chicken you named after jae, you both began to leave the store. jae stopped, pointing to the large bear you saw at the entrance. he begged to take a picture together and you complied, feigning annoyance at first but completely breaking when you saw the happiness on his face.

when it was your turn, jae practically dragged you up to the bear and slinked his arm around your waist. the next thing you knew, jae was kissing you on the cheek just before the flash went off. you covered your face to hide your blush and he laughed, thanking the worker that took the picture.

you walked out of the store, jae with his arm over your shoulder. the rain had let up, leaving only the frigid cold. he teased you about the blush, making you hide your face in his jacket. you blamed it on the cold, much to his amusement. he tried and failed to make you show your face. eventually, he came up with the idea of going to get boba to make you feel better. that made you immediately perk up and he laughed, moving to hold your hand. off you both went into the heart of new york on the hunt for a boba shop.