nine : dinner cruise.

after arriving at the hotel, jae told you to change into something formal. having not packed anything of the sort, you panicked at first until jae pulled out a dress that he had hid in his suitcase. it was a beautiful dress; it was a short and burgundy with sleeves. he smiled and explained he bought it or the sole purpose of this surprise.

now filled with even more questions, you went into the bathroom to change. jae did the same, coming out dressed in a tux complete with a tie and a suit jacket. apparently, he'd hid that in his suitcase as well.

you both left the room and went back outside where jae promptly called a taxi. he gave the address of the place to the driver. you listened carefully, hoping to get a hint of where you were going, without success.

soon the taxi was slowing to a stop near the water front. in the distance you could see two gleaming cruise ships. you looked at jae with surprise and he winked. he produced out of his pocket two tickets for the boat named the spirit of new york and you walked together to the boat.

on the boat was several tables, a buffet just waiting to be eaten, and a dance floor. jae led you up the stairs to the top deck that overlooked the dance floor. you sat at a table near the window. the view was breathtaking. jae reached for your hand across the table and grinned.

soon, the boat set sail and dinner was served. manhattan and new jersey floated by, the cities coming to life with lights as the night fell. jae suggested going out to the deck to take pictures, and you agreed wholeheartedly.

it was freezing cold on the deck. jae offered you his suit jacket, which you gladly accepted.

as the statue of liberty came into view, the other passengers came out onto the deck as well to get a picture. you felt jae's arms around your waist as you took pictures and suddenly it wasn't so cold on the deck.

a majority of the passengers went back inside to dance. you both stayed on the deck, jae's arms still wrapped around your waist, humming the song that was playing. when a slow song came on, he pulled away and spun you around in his arms. he slowly swayed you guys back and forth, singing softly to you. you put your head on his chest as you swayed and you swore you could hear his heartbeat speed up.

you pulled back and looked into his eyes. you could see the city lights reflected in them. you both leaned in and kissed slowly, still swaying gently back and forth. jae whispered "i love you" against your lips.

neither of you pulled away for a while but you didn't mind in the slightest.

the rest of the night was spent snuggling each other on the deck, quietly gazing at the lights of the city until you pulled into port.