5: TIME BOMB

"It was like a time bomb set into motion, they knew we were destined to explode...Well there's no way out of this so let's stay in." ~All Time Low

~Lawrence~

             It was half-passed four when I returned to my private villa. The alcohol was getting its toll that my head felt like splitting into halves. I was not an alcoholic until a while ago. Steve really knew how to get us all drinking. I made my way to the shower, barely knocking down everything I passed by.

             It was surprisingly silent in here. The only sound was the rushing of the water and the pounding of my heart as I closed my eyes. I reached for my chest to calm in down to no avail. It kept on pounding. Maybe I do not really have that much time left. Then I saw Louise's face. Will she also forget about me when I leave? Before I knew it, tears were making their way out of my closed eyes. Then I saw Jade's pale face and I unconsciously reached for my lips. Even after all the alcohol I drank to erase the euphoria I felt when my lips met hers; I could still feel her soft and gentle lips. It was highly addictive that I almost lost control. Luckily, I heard my friends' jeers and I managed to snap back to reality.

            The beating of my heart grew stronger as my head started to pound. I turned the shower off when I heard a faint voice shouting my name. A few more seconds and everything turned black.

~Victorique~

"Jade, why so early?" I whined for the nth time that I could remember. " Look, the sun hasn't risen yet and my eyelids are still heavy. Can't we just look for your necklace later?"

"We can't. It will be crowded again later and it will be more difficult to find it."

"Then just try consulting the Lost and Found Booth."

"I will later but we have to look for it first before we go there."

"I know this necklace is important to you but—"

"It's not just the necklace, sis. My key to Dustin's room is also in there."

"Why not just break the door then?"

"Whoa! I can't break that antique door. My conscience will kill me!"

"Ugghhh!"

"Just sit over here. I'll look for it. I just need someone to turn to when I lose track of the way back to our hotel, okay?"

"I'll go with you, I might fall asleep if I won't walk around."

"I think so too," she nodded.

"Wait, isn't that the way Sir Ence's villa?"

            Jade seemed to consider it for a while. She chewed her lips. I realized I didn't see her yesterday since she left with Sir Ence during lunch break until a few hours ago before I went to sleep. Her hair was a fiasco and she smelled of alcohol when I found her asleep in our hotel room. Her eyes were swollen like she was crying all the while but she hadn't said a word about it aside from her lost necklace.

"You okay?" I asked.

            She gave a slow nod without turning to my direction. Now their relationship was intriguing me. Though Sir Ence was always friendly with his employees, it was very unusual of him to personally summon someone's presence.

"Let's look somewhere else," I heard Jade mumbled.

"Weren't you here yesterday? Don't you want to ask Sir Ence?"

"I might dropped it somewhere else . . ." her voice trailed off and I knew she really wanted to go and ask him.

"Come on. He might happen to see your necklace!" I pulled her by the arm.