Trick Or Cheat? Chapter 6

Trick Or Cheat?

Chapter 6

Copyright © 2010 Alyson Wang

I fold the letter neatly and slip it into my back pocket. I looked at my reflection shown on the glass door. I didn't look that bad, I turn to Adam and Ian. "This is Ian. Ian, Adam. Adam, Ian," I gestured to both of them. Ian took out his hand, and Adam shook it politely.

"I better be going, see you next time," Ian waves.

Adam turns to me and raises his eyebrows, "We haven't even had our first date and you're already seeing other guys? Not even giving me a chance, I'm very disappointed in you Gracie," he jokes.

I rolled my eyes and walk back in with him right behind me. "Want to go out for a movie?"

I shake my head "Maybe later?" we both dropped down on the couch. He reaches for my hand and my eyes widen at the contact, "Weird question, why are you touching my hand?"

He laughs and scoots closer and shrugs, "I can't hold your hand?"

"You can, but, it's just weird."

"It's not weird!"

"Yeah it is!"

He leans down and kisses my cheek, "Okay fine, it's weird."

I touch where he kissed me and blushes as he laughs. "Don't do that!"

"Why not?"

"Because!"

"Because what?"

"Just because!"

"It's not like anybody's home."

"I swear if you ever did that while Aunt Jodie was here, I'm going to kill you!" I scream.

"Aw, that's so sweet of you," he said sarcastically.

"Bleh, come on, let's go watch that movie you were talking about!!" I stand.

"But first" he says pulling me back down, "Who's Ian?"

I flip my hair dramatically and say "Well, if you must know, he's my secret boyfriend and I'm cheating on you and stuff, no biggie."

He groans at my silliness and shakes me "Teeell mee!"

"Honestly, he's the guy that drove by me. His family asked him to look for me and stuff."

"Why does his family want to find you?"

I shrug, I still have to talk with Aunt Jodie, so why rush into telling him 'Oh hey, I'm moving in with them, that's why!' Nope. Not going to happen.

"Let's go watch a movie!" I say, throwing my fists into the air.

I run to the kitchen with my bag and throw some candy in, there is no way am I going to buy a stupid bag of candy for five bucks.

I slip some wrinkled bills into my front pocket and leave the door with Adam trailing behind me. We walk to his car with me jumping with so much excitement  

he laughs.

"Let's go! Let's go!" I scream after standing there for about five minutes hearing his stupid laughter.

I lay my bag down onto the car mat and lean back on the seat. "What movie do you want to watch?"

I shrug, "We'll pick when we get there."

He gets out of the car and comes around to open the door for me, I blush. Aw, he's such a gentleman today!

I duck into the car and reach for my bag. Adam takes my hand and I could feel my face heating up. I look down as he tugs me along with him.