Trick Or Cheat? Chapter 4

Trick Or Cheat?

Thank you SO very much for all the support and wonderful comments!

Chapter 4

Copyright © 2010 Alyson Wang

We both sat in the car stuffing our mouths with sandwiches while fooling around about how Adam will end up alone with fifty cats in his tiny little apartment. I laughed so hard I almost spit my sandwich onto his car, which he wouldn't be so happy about. I whipped my hands on his tee-shirt, he slapped my hands away and said "Get your hands off my clothes!"

I shrugged, "Will do, Boss." I stretched, hitting him in the eye in the process, which didn't hurt that much but had to make a big deal out of it. "OW," he yelled, rubbing his eye and looking as if it really did hurt a lot. I pat his back, saying "There, there, it's okay honey. Don't cry," I played along. He narrowed his eyes at me, "What?" I asked innocently. He shook his head at me in shame.

Adam gathered our garbage, jumped out of the car and walked over to the garbage can to throw it out. Clean freak. He slammed the door shut and started to drive. "Want to see a movie?"

"No way! What if Amy's there making out with Shayne Pole!" I screamed. I had to say, Shayne was hot but he wasn't my type- he was too scary. I like guys who are sweet, romantic and kinda dorky at the same time. Those were hard to find.

"Than we have to be there, I don't want Shayne sucking my sister's face off!" Oh, she's already done way more than that, I thought.

"B-but, I can't go out on school nights!" I rushed. He gave me the 'Are you serious' look.

"Yes you can," he nodded. Yup, he was right. Aunt Jodie had no problem with me going out on school nights. Heck, she was always pushing me out the door whenever she saw me lying on the couch like a dead rat.

"B-but, my stomach hurts! Ow," I groaned, wrapping my arms around my tummy. He narrowed his eyes on me, already seeing through me.

"Fine, fine, be like that. Don't let me protect my sister," he said dramatically. Adam was bound to be an actor when he grew up, he could cry at his own will.

"Get over it, be a man! We could go to my house and watch a movie," I offered.

"Fine."

I tapped my feet lightly against the car mat and hummed to myself. I payed no attention to Adam on the way home- I was bored out of my mind. I started wondering how Amy's date was going? Will she call me to gush about the details? I didn't like details.

My phone beeped, scaring the bejesus out of me. I pressed it against my ear, ignoring Adam's stare.

"Me speaking, how may I help you?"

"It's me, your beloved aunt? I was wondering if you were going to come home for dinner?"

"Yep, can Adam come over?" Already knowing her answer.

"No crazy stuff, okay?"

"It was his fault last time!" I wailed.

"No it wasn't!" Adam interrupted.

"Even over the phone, you guys argue." Aunt Jodie complained.

"Being the bigger person I am, I'm going to take the blame." Adam interrupted dramatically.

"Oh pah-lease!"

"Please what, honey?" Adam asked innocently.

"I hate you, you know that?"