Trick Or Cheat? Chapter 8

Trick Or Cheat?

We're going to FAST FORWARD the story a bit, since it's kind of getting to boring for me, and I realllyyy want the drama to begin!

Chapter 8

I sat on the couch with a bowl of cereal in hand. Time had flown by so quickly; it had already been at least three weeks since I last saw Ian. Not that I thought about him or anything. Maybe just a bit.

But not that I'd admit it to anybody. Over the past weeks, I've learned quit a few things about Adam.

Number one, he was the jealousy type.

Number two, he gets jealous easily.

Number three, both number one and two was an understatement.

Like the time me and Kevin were talking when class ended, Adam saw and dragged me away before I could say bye.

The booth thingy had gone quite well, I think.

It was Saturday today and Aunt Jodie didn't have to go to work. I was in a pair of sweats and an old wrinkled t-shirt with my hair all over the place.

I was waiting for Amy to text me back about her and Shayne. Apparently, they're an official couple now. Yay.

That was sarcasm if you haven't noticed.

We tried to double date, but in the end, everything had ended badly.

Amy and Shayne were both so talkative, while Adam and I just stood there awkwardly.

My phone rung and I snatched it off the table.

'We're going to the mall, want to come with?' it said.

I think of an excuse, 'I have a stomach ache, maybe next time?' and I drop the phone on the table.

The doorbell rings.

Your serious right? I was dressed like this and the stupid door doorbell rings!

"Aunt Jodie can you get the door?" I yelled.

"Give me a minute!"

I walked to the door, and screamed to whoever it was, "Give her a minute!"

"Why can't you open the door?" the person on the other side asked. Why can't I open the door?

"Because I got into a car crash and I've been badly injured," I lied.

After a few moments, I realized it was Ian on the other side of the door. Oh shoot!

I run upstairs and change into a pair of jeans and applied some deodorant before zipping on a hoodie. I rush to the bathroom and brush my teeth and wash my face as I hear Aunt Jodie opening the door. I furiously opened and closed the cupboards for my hairbrush and some lip balm.

I run the brush through my hair and roughly pull it back into a ponytail then smeared some lip balm onto my lips.

"Gracie!" Aunt Jodie called.

I hurry down the stairs to see Ian sitting on the couch with my bowl of cereal in hand.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I replied, taking the bowl of cereal from him.

"You don't seem to be badly injured," he raised his eyebrows.

My face flushed, "Th-that wasn't me."

"Right."

I ignore him and look at Aunt Jodie, "This is Ian, and he’s the guy I told you about with the whole letter thing."