Chapter 6

Cedarpaw was starting to get a little worried when Flamepaw didn't come to the medicine den with the moss.

Where is she?

"Does your sister take this long just to get moss?" the kittypet croaked.

"No, she's never done this before. I'm starting to get a little worried."

Cedarpaw was slowly pacing the den in anxiety with the kittypet watching intently, her eyes tracking every movement.

"When will I be able to move?" the kittypet croaked again, obviously trying to get her thoughts out of Flamepaw and her well being.

Cedarpaw turned to calmly look to the kittypet and said slowly, "When you are ready, okay?"

The she-cat just huffed in annoyance.

Cedarpaw nervously turned around at the sound of rushed pawsteps and saw a panting Beeflower looking for something.

"May I help you?" Cedarpaw said kindly, unable to keep the tremor out of her voice.

"Yeah, Cedarpaw. Have you seen Mothheart and Flamepaw recently?"

Cedarpaw shook her head no, and that made Beeflower even more nervous. The kittypet saw this and very carefully tried to stand up. Extremely shaky, she limped to the amber-eyed she-cat and lightly placed her tail on Beeflower and gently rasped in her ear with Beeflower whispering back.

The kittypet nodded and staggered to the large cave opening that led to the main tunnel, ears pricked, as though listening for something.

"What did she say to you Beeflower?" Cedarpaw finally decided to say.

The pale gray tabby just shook her head. Sighing, Cedarpaw went to the herb store and got some thyme. Padding back to the main medicine den, she sees Creekheart strolling in looking pleasingly confused at the kittypet up and moving.

"You did well, Creekpaw," he praised, muffled by the array of herbs in his mouth, "But I don't understand why she's up like this."

"She more or less insisted."

"Right. Where is the wet moss for the kittypet?"

"The kittypet has a name thank you very much," a rasped amused voice answered, "My name is Raja, but you can call me Ra"

Creekheart and Cedarpaw look at the kittypet who just corrected the medicine cats. Smiling, Cedarpaw said, "Sure, Ra. Sorry we didn't ask earlier."

Ra just twitched her tail in amusement and turned to face the rest of the tunnels.

"Cedarpaw, go and give the thyme to Beeflower then get the wet moss please." Creekheart was able to mew in between the herbs.

Cedarpaw nodded an gave the herb to the spotted tabby and told her to calm down and don't train Dawnpaw for the day, Beeflower nodded her head and left. Then, she padded to Ra and told her to lie down in the moss bed, but she didn't seem to hear. Sighing, Cedarpaw left the den and was about to leave when she heard Falconstar call for a Clan meeting.

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join us near the Lowledge!"

All the cats, including the kits, sat near the Lowledge waiting to see what's going on.

After the cat's voices stopped murmuring, Falconstar yowls, "Beeflower tells me that she has some news. Beeflower would you tell us what is going on?"

Beeflower nods her head and shakily says,"Mothheart and Flamepaw is missing. Mothheart told me that they went to the training tunnels, but they haven't come back."

This caused some concerned muttering throughout the clan. They all know how dangerous the Training Tunnels could be, especially when the tunnels caved in.

Falconstar waited for the noise to calm down again to mew, "I'll go ahead and make a small patrol to see if we could find them. "

Falconstar padded out out of the Lowledge and started telling which cats are going on the rescuing patrol.

"I hope Flamepaw is okay," a mew said behind the gold-eyed tabby. Cedarpaw jumped then she saw Dawnpaw.

"Sorry," Dawnpaw apologized, "I really didn't mean to scare you."

"You're alright, Dawnpaw." Cedarpaw mewed back, "I hope she's okay too."

They both watched as the small patrol of five cats led by Blizzardwhisker left the camp.

Cedarpaw hesitated before she mewed, "I should probably get going. I don't want the kittypet, erm, Ra to die of dehydration after all that I've already done."

Dawnpaw just nodded absently, and the reddish brown she-cat padded out of the tunnels to get the wet moss.

Oh, StarClan, she thought, Please let Flamepaw be okay.