Chapter 12

Chapter 12

December 7th, Day 61

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a gaging Louis in the bathroom. I immediately shot out of bed, my cold bare feet coming in contact with the wood floor and my chest being pinged with winter air, as we'd 'forgotten' to turn our heater on again.

"Lou?" I spoke softly, knowing his hearing was sensitive at a time like this.

"Shit Harry." Louis said, whipping around to close the bathroom door behind him, embarrassed and not wanting to admit defeat to the alcohol from last night's consumption.

I didn't even let it get half way to closing before my hand caught the door and I pushed it wide, crouching down to Louis' level as he was hunched over the toilet seat.

"You can't seriously think you have to be shy over this?" I said, rubbing his back as he let out another gag as he had no food in his stomach to throw up.

"Well, I am. And this is painful." He said, gripping the edge of the seat, his knuckles going white as his body tried to push nothing out of him again.

I smiled sympathetically at him and then stood up, "I'll get you some water and crackers, heard that helps."

Louis nodded, laying his probably throbbing head against the bathtub beside him. He looked miserable and I couldn't imagine that agony he was going through from the memories of last night.

And then I remembered. I stopped in front of the refrigerator with an empty mug in my right hand, and my eyes went wide.

I remembered Jack and the fight, and Louis not knowing what was going on. I remembered everything I didn't want to remember. And it hurt. A lot. A lot more than it was supposed to.

So I stood there frozen, tears welling up in my eyes as I thought of the way Louis smiled at that stupid jerk and the way he grinded down on him. And then oh god, the kiss.

And soon I found myself steaming with anger again, because Jack had kissed my Louis. The only boy I'd ever loved with every inch of my body. I was shattered, my heart was broken because even though Louis was too drunk to know better, it still wasn't a good enough excuse as to why it even crossed his mind to smile at someone else the way he only smiled at me. It was my smile and he was my Louis.

And I wasn't looking for anyone to share him with.

"Harry could you hurry with that water?" Louis yelled across the small house, pain tingling in his words.

I sighed, putting last night behind me and deciding it'd be best to confront Louis about it after he was done puking.

"Here." I said, appearing behind Louis and startling him just the slightest. I crawled down beside him again, sitting up against the wall while Louis munched away on his crackers with his little squirrel hands and pointy teeth. He was pretty even when he was basically dying.

"Hey Harry can you promise me something?" Louis looked up at me with his long eyelashes and dark circles, still beautiful.

"Depends." I cocked my head, grinning at this boy that I just couldn't seem to stay mad at.

"Promise me we'll never go clubbing again. I don't think that's our thing." He laughed as much as he could with his aching stomach and then continued to slurp all the water from the mug down his throat.

I held my pinky up for him to take, "Pinky promise."

He winked, "Pink promise." He wrapped his tiny finger around mine and we both smiled contently, forgetting about everything for those few seconds.