CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

*I'm sorry this chapter is SUPER long! I got carried away 😂 I hope you enjoy it!*

*FREDDIE'S POV*
""Frontman Freddie Mercury shone under the spotlight, bringing the strong new sound of Queen's sixth studio album to the stage! The rockers certainly put on a show, drummer Roger Taylor grounding the performance with his impressive percussion skills. Guitarist Brian May also added some dramatic flare, along with bassist John Deacon, who's baselines tied each song together perfectly. Although each member contributed, the show was stolen by Mercury. His mix of flamboyance and pure rock energy never failed to deliver exactly what the band intended, entertainment!" John smiled widely as he finished reading a review of our first gig in one of the local newspapers here. I thought the show went rather well myself, but I wasn't expecting that good of a review! American critics weren't always big fans of our music or shows, but the fact that at least one person enjoyed it was enough to make me happy! "Freddie! That's amazing!" He said happily, kneeling beside me as he gripped my arm.

"I'm a little shocked." I chuckled, the feeling still surreal. "Nobody's liked us that much before." I added as I looked down to my lap.

"They liked us, but they LOVED you!" John smiled again, tossing the paper aside to move closer before lifting my chin to look at me. "You're my flamboyant rockstar!" He giggled cutely, placing a soft kiss on my lips as he smiled.
We had somehow managed to score a break from all our tour necessities this morning. Our next show wasn't until tomorrow, but we had a press interview after lunch today. We all decided that the morning was ours to do what we wished with! Bri suggested having a couples date, him and Rog doing whatever they liked, and Deaky and I doing what we wanted. We agreed, John and I deciding on a brunch picnic in a park. The weather was lovely and the park was a short stroll from our hotel, so we went with it. We'd chosen a patch of grass by a tree similar to the one in the playground in our first city. It was quiet, and far enough away from the areas most people would choose to sit in to be private for us. I took it upon myself to pack the picnic basket, well, I charmed our caterer into putting our basket together for me (but if John asked, I was taking the credit), while he got his hands on a bottle of orange juice and some Moèt. The food was spread out over our blanket, a glass of champagne next to me, juice with John as we relaxed in the sunshine together, it was quite beautiful. "I'm so proud of you Fred." He sighed, his bright smile never leaving his face as he cupped my cheek sweetly. I smiled back, pushing my lips back against his, already missing the feeling of them. I don't know which one of us deepened the kiss, but we were soon caught up in the moment, John now lying on the picnic blanket while I hovered over him. "We're playing dangerously Freddie." He panted as I moved my lips to his neck. He was right, we were in public, and I knew anybody could walk past and see us, but I didn't want to stop! I wanted him, so, so badly. "Fred." He muttered, pushing my chest, telling me to stop.

"S-Sorry." I panted myself, moving to lie beside him. "I shouldn't have..." I sighed, covering my face with my hands.

"It's okay." John said softly, pulling my hands away to look at me. "I wanted to, but we can't get too carried away, not here. We're not in our room." He chuckled, his cheeks turning pink as I'm sure mine did too as I thought about how wonderful last night was between us.

"Shall we head back then lovey?" I suggested, watching his blush deepen as he bit his lip. He nodded, smiling at me as he downed the rest of his juice. I finished my Moèt too, helping him pack up the basket and blanket quickly so we could leave. We walked silently back towards the entrance to the park, our hands slightly brushing against one another. It was the only touching we could risk being so visible by other people. I wish we could hold hands, I wanted to show everyone that he was mine.

"Thank you, for putting this all together for me." John spoke up as he glanced over to me, an adorable grin on his face.

"You're more than welcome, my love." I smiled back at him, grateful that we got to spend some time together before the interview this afternoon. I was hoping the picnic would help relax John a bit, knowing he wasn't always the most comfortable in interviews. He and Roger were usually stuck in the back, while Brian and I were made to sit at the front, most of the questions directed at myself and the curly haired guitarist. I hated it. I wanted John and Rog to get a turn at answering questions. They wrote songs on the albums too, they performed just as hard as Bri and I did. I didn't find it fair. I also hated the interviewers. They'd all ask the same ridiculously boring questions, putting in no effort to be creative whatsoever! No wonder we hardly did any press work.