Chapter 2: OMG HE'S SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!

I walked into Miller High School and everyone knew who I was. Apparently it's not a security risk to send a princess to public school with no protection, so I was roaming the halls on my own. At least fifty-nine girls asked me for autographs. I immediately knew that I was going to be the most popular girl in school. 

As I walked into homeroom, everyone bowed. I stood there proudly in my scandalously short school uniform skirt. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever designed it was arrested for pedophilia, but I guess that's just how school uniforms are in teen lit books. 

"You can all stand up now," I say in my benevolent princess voice.

 Suddenly, the most handsome boy I've ever seen stood up. Well, to be fair, the only men I see on a regular basis are the palace workers, and they're all like 65 years old, but still. I have met 1D and BTS, but neither Harry nor Jungkook could compare to this boy. 

"Hello, your Highness, my name is Chadwick. Just call me Chad." His blood red orbs sparkled under the fluorescent lights of the classroom.

"Hello, you probably know my name. Just call me Catty."

The teacher adjusted her glasses and began taking attendance. Once she got to Chadwick, I couldn't believe his full name.

"Chadwick Shadowrook Coalglacier Sharpcliff." 

Wow, that's a very macho, almost otherworldly name. By the looks of it, he was going to be a controlling and possessive romantic interest, but we'd cross that bridge when we came to it. 

After class, Chadwick and I met up by our lockers, which were right next to each other, because of course they were. How else would we have plot-enhancing discussions? 

He looked at me hungrily, which was kind of horrifying, but alright. "I want to protect you," he said in a husky voice. "I want you to be mine and safe. I will own you and you will be shielded from all harm. All you need to do is kiss me.'

I looked into his shimmering eyes. "That whole speech about wanting to own me was kind of psychotic, but since I'm a beautiful, doe-eyed, female character, I'm going to become completely helpless and fall head over heels for you on the first day." 

He squeezed me like a stress ball and pulled me close. My mouth locked against his and for some reason, we made out instead of just kissing. After a few electric minutes of playing "pass the gum", we looked at the clock and realized it had been two hours. Because that's totally how time passes when you're making out with a stranger. Well, it didn't matter. I wasn't there to actually learn anything. The only reason I was there was to win over Chadwick and get away from my alcoholic mother, because every mom in every teen lit book takes 18 shots with breakfast.