Chapter 3: Obligatory Lover's Quarrel

I had no idea what classes I had missed. School wasn't that important anyway. Even though I'd only known him for three hours, and two of those hours were just us swapping spit, I felt the strong desire to spend the rest of my pretty little life with him. 

"Maybe we should just run away from this boring school and make a life together. You could be the prince of Yeetosia!"

"Maybe, but do you think they'd accept a vampire as prince?"

"Okay, you didn't tell me you were a vampire. If I wasn't such a lovestruck young ladybird, I would be angry at you for not telling me this before we made out. But since I'm a lighthearted dove angel, I will surrender all of my agency in the name of love."

 Before he could speak, a teacher walked up to us and rudely interrupted our romantic moment. 

"Aren't you two supposed to be in class?" The old hag said sternly.

I put on my best princess face. "M'am, I don't think you know who you're talking to."

"Oh, you're that princess girl. Sorry, just moved to Yeetosia, don't know much about the royal family here."

 This was it. I tried to be sweet, but this is just not acceptable. "The least you could do is show me some RESPECT! Ugh, I've had it up to here with this peasant school!"

   Chadwick looked at me coldly, all the love flowing out of him. 

"Not everyone is as high and mighty as you, princess. You're insulting my family by saying that! We work so hard on our dandelion farm just to fit into society, and you're going to call us 'peasants'? I thought you were going to be my shining accessory, but I guess you've lost your chance." I could hear the searing anger in his voice.

"Chad, I'm so sorry..."

 I hoped he would forgive me, but then I realized that this was the start of the Obligatory Argument Between Love Interests That Makes Their Romantic Connection More Uncertain (more commonly known as the Obligatory Lover's Quarrel). 

There are two ways to fix this. The first way is to apologize like a civilized human, and the second way is to wait for something tragic to happen to me so that he can save me, realize how sweet I am, and then fall back in love with me.

Since I'm a normal functioning person, I decide to go with the second option.