Happiness is Nowhere to be Found

"This piece is dedicated to my readers who feel, despite their best efforts or the blessings life may bestow upon them, that true happiness remains elusive. Remember, genuine contentment originates from within. Embrace self-love and seek joy within yourself, rather than relying solely on external circumstances or others. By nurturing your inner self, you will discover the path to authentic and lasting happiness."

"Hey Cri, why do you always look so happy?" Eloyne asked suddenly, her voice cutting through the hum of the bustling school hallway.

Crizelle, known for her radiant smile and cheerful demeanor, looked up with a bright grin. "Well, it's because so many people adore me! So many people care for me, and it makes me really happy!" she replied, her smile as warm as ever.

The school bell rang, signaling the start of classes. Crizelle, brimming with joy, skipped into the classroom, her energy infectious. Eloyne, however, lingered behind. She watched Crizelle's retreating figure with a mixture of envy and curiosity before turning and heading toward the school garden.

In the quiet solitude of the garden, Eloyne sat on a weathered bench beneath a large oak tree. The garden was bathed in the soft, golden light of the morning sun, and birds flitted among the branches, their cheerful chirping contrasting sharply with Eloyne's inner turmoil.

She gazed up at the peaceful sky, trying to find solace in its vast expanse. "Everyone loves me," she murmured to herself, her voice barely more than a whisper. "Everyone cares for me."

Despite the idyllic scene around her, Eloyne felt an aching void inside. She tried to force a smile, but it felt hollow. "But why is that?" she thought, her mind clouded with confusion. "I'm not happy. I'm trying to be, but it's just too difficult."

Her thoughts became a storm of emotions as she closed her eyes, seeking some form of inner peace. The struggle to understand her feelings weighed heavily on her, and a single tear slipped down her cheek, tracing a path of sadness she couldn't hide.

As the tear fell, Eloyne felt a profound sense of isolation, despite the love and admiration that seemed to surround her. The beauty of the garden and the serenity of the sky did little to ease the pain she felt inside. In that moment, she was confronted with the stark reality that happiness was elusive, even in a world that seemed to offer it so readily.