Chapter 19

AMELIA'S POV

As Sherrinford and I leaned against the alleyway, catching our breaths, Sherlock suddenly appeared out of nowhere. I held my hands up in the air whenever I saw the gun pointed at my head.

"Oi! What's wrong?" I asked, backing up slowly. He continued to walk forward, glaring at me. I could see Sherrinford typing on his phone while giving me nervous glances.

"Put away the phone, brother mine," Sherlock sneered. I gulped, glancing at Sherrinford, who quickly followed his brother's instructions. I quickly turned back to Sherlock, staring into his fearsome blue eyes.

"Sherlock..." I started, continuing to walk backwards until I was at the end of the alleyway. "Whatever Moriarty told you, it isn't true."

"You expect me to believe you! Who do you think I am?" Sherlock shouted, looking at me in a disgusted way. I smiled slightly, looking up at him.

"Sherlock Holmes," I answered, biting my lip and turning away, expecting a bullet to run through the air and hit me at any moment. Instead, I turned to see Sherlock staring at me, confused and in an internal battle with himself.

"What did you say?" He hissed, taking another step forward so that the gun was touching my forehead. I shivered, feeling the cool metal kiss my skin.

"You're Sherlock Holmes," I repeated. "The world's only consulting detective, and my best friend." I saw him slowly lower the gun without breaking eye contact. Moriarty's laugh could be heard in the distance.

"Is that really all it takes for you to believe her?" Moriarty laughed, stepping out of the shadows. My gaze snapped in his direction. Sherlock continued to watch me, as if he knew my brother was their all along.

"Sherlock," I whispered, "whatever you choose, just remember that I'll forgive you, no matter what." I chuckled, wiping a rebellious tear from my eye. "Oh, look at me, I'm crying. Well isn't is embarrassing."

"Amelia," Sherlock mumbled, moving his gun towards me again. "Why should I believe you? How do I know you arent working for him?" I laughed, leaning against the wall behind me. My gaze instantly became serious.

"Sherlock, I was with you whenever John was kidnapped. I was their whenever you needed my help on cases. I was their, even when I didn't have to watch over you anymore," I said, stepping forwards with each sentence and speaking louder and louder until I was shouting. "I took a shot for you. And you want to know why? I did it because you're my friend. You, William Sherlock Scott Holmes, are my best friend. And you want to know something else?"

"Enlighten us," Moriarty muttered, rolling his eyes.

"I did it because I love you." With that said, everyone's gazes landed on me.

"What?" they questioned in unison. Slowly and carefully, I watched Sherlock's eyes begin to soften up. He lowered the gun before taking a step towards me.

"Amelia..." He began, holding up and hand and brushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear. I closed my eyes as he brushed away my tears and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, I just..." I held a finger up to his lips before leaning up and kissing them lightly.

"Shush," I whispered, turning to look at my brother. His eyes were closed, and his fists were clenched. Something flashed out of the corner of my eye, and I looked up to see a sniper on the roof. "Run."

Together Sherlock and I ran out of the alley with Sherrinford, and Moriarty on our tails.

"You know what?" I asked Sherlock as we were running.

"What?" he asked, smiling as we ran around a corner.

"You're stubborn." Sherlock rolled his eyes and we leaned against a wall, catching our breaths. He turned his head to look over at me.

"So what does that make you?" He asked, smirking. I smirked back before grabbing his hand and starting to run again.

"Bored!"