Chapter 15

(A month later)

It has been a month since the last time Jungkook saw Taehyung and he couldn't forget the boy.

He felt awful knowing he said such harsh words to him and he regrets it all.

He wants nothing more but to be able to hold the boy again and kiss him.

But he knew that it was never going to happen again.

Jungkook went to visit his mother on the set of her new drama series.

''Honey, I'm so happy that you came to visit me here'' Ji Hyun smiled at her son while giving him a big hug.

It hurts Jungkook to see his mom putting on a smile while in fact, she was broken on the inside and he knew that all to well.

Especially after all that happened with Jungkook's father and the news that came out.

After the news broke out of Jeon Seung Heon being a criminal, things went downhill.

Seung Heon confessed everything to Ji hyun and she was of course heartbroken but also angry and devastated.

She told him that she wanted a divorce and for him to leave the house immediately.

As for the company..

The company basically closed after the news came out.

''mom, are you doing alright? I mean, you look tired. I hope you're not overworking yourself. If you need rest, you need to let them know. I'm sure they'll understand after everything that happened..'' Jungkook spoke with a soft tone as he grabbed her hand to hold it.

''I know you're worried about me Jungkook and I appreciate it. but I know how to handle myself'' she reassured him.

''I know that mom.. it's just.. I wanna apologize to you..''

''about what ?'' she wrinkled her brows in confusion.

''about.. you know. This whole thing with.. father.. if only I knew sooner-''

''Jungkook, there is nothing you should be sorry for. This was his doing, not yours. We both didn't know. At least the truth came out..'' she whispered.

Although the words of his mom where clear to him, his feelings where contradicting..

He felt trouble and disappointed in himself. He kept telling himself that he should've seen this coming sooner. And that he should've listen.

''what I really want to know is, how are you doing?'' she interrupted his thoughts.

Jungkook looked her questioning. ''what?''

''How are you doing after what happened with Taehyung-shi?''

Jungkook became quiet and looked away.

''I don't know.. I'm just really confused and angry with myself.. I was so cold towards him the last time we spoke.. and now I really regret it. he suddenly disappeared when I came back to the house.. and I haven't seen him or heard anything of him since that day''

Ji Hyun shoved over a little closer to her son and rubbed his back, comforting him.

''don't be angry at yourself. You didn't know what to do at that time and was just confused.. if it helps, I can tell you where Taehyung is''

Jungkook snapped his head to the right and looked at his mom.

''what? you know where he is?''

Ji hyun nodded. ''Taehyung returned to the palace the day the news came out of the two of you''