2 ➳ In Which There's Secrets

𓊈unedited𓊉

❮✦❯

   Micah didn't bother you for the next few days. Probably because you hit him hard enough to teach him not to miss with you, and you noticed you didn't see him around camp at all for days. But you really didn't care, as long as he wasn't talking to you, you're fine.

    The black eye you had, was slowly fading away. No longer was it swollen, just slightly bruised. Bruises everywhere else had finally faded away, and your cut lip had healed, but a faint scar was noticeable if you looked hard enough.

     You sat alone by the scout fire, the day was a breezy beautiful one. To good of a day to just sat around. Nots like you could go anywhere though. Arthur left with Hosea about three hours ago. Talking about going hunting for a monster bear. Why didn't you go with them?

   Your son. You felt the need to stay at camp with him, and you would only leave camp when Arthur was here to take the place of watching your boy. It's not that you didn't trust Abigail with Nathan, it's just.. she already got a kid and you could only imagine how hard it would be babysitting a two four year olds.

    Crossing your arms over your chest, you realized just how breezy it was a Horseshoe Overlook. The wind brought a chill, it made you wrapped your shawl around your shoulders. Even though it was a little chilly out, you couldn't help but love this weather. It brought you comfort as you closed your (e/c) eyes, enjoying the feeling of the wind against your skin.

     A small sneezed alerted you, making you look to your right and there was your boy.... With a running nose, and tears rolling down his pink flushed cheeks.

      "Ma.." He cried running to you as you wrapped your arms around his small frame. You began to hold him close to you, rocking back and forth to bring him some comfort. "Shhh.. Nathan. It's alright.." You kissed his forehead, "What happened?"

     His tiny hands gripped the fabric of your shirt tightly as he buried his face into your chest. "M- Micah.. is being mean,"

    That son of bitch didn't have any standards. He would even be rude to a damn child. The bastard...

   "It's okay, Ma will go have a talk with him... what did he say?" You asked him, having to fight the urge to choke Micah at the moment.

   "He said that the wolves will get me.." So, the bastard told him wolves were near here? "The wolves want get me will they?" You son looked at you with those big tearful hazel eyes.

   You shook your head, "There's no wolf around here.. coyotes but not wolves.. don't worry." You said, still holding him close. You eyes landed on the black Foxtrotter by your own horse. The animal made you think just how much you'll make Micah wish he was dead.

❮✦❯

     You stomped towards the damn rock that you just knew Micah was leaning against. He was always at that stupid rock.

      "Micah!" You growled as you walked in front of him. Micah: who was sharpening his goddamn knife just glanced at you before looking back down at his blade.

   You gritted your teeth, "Don't ya ignore me, you scum." Reaching out you grabbed his wrist, which made him look right at you. With a glare.