7 ➳ In Which There's Arthur Morgan

𓊈unedited𓊉  

❮✦❯

        Hunting with Arthur was something you rarely did. But when you saw him leaving camp, you asked to come along. Even though he said it'll be a day or two.. maybe more before he really comes back. The thought of leaving Nathan that long scared you..But Abigail would take care of him just fine.

    Arthur had set up camp in Cumberland Forest. So, here you two were sitting by the fire. Eating some rabbit that Arthur caught for dinner.

    You eyes flickered over at Arthur, watching as he took a bite of the rabbit meat. "Do, you remember the day you first met me?" You asked, a smile creeping on Arthur's face at the sound of your voice.

    "How could I forget," Said Arthur, "That day I found a lost girl mixed in the wrong place."

     Your face turned into a soft expression, "How I remember it you were to be my next costumer," You started feeling the heat rise to your face. "But you changed your mind when, Nathan came running out of the back room of the saloon."

    "Guess you felt bad for me, so you gave me the money anyway... and left." You said, a smile on your face. "You were the first man nice to me," You confessed.

     Arthur felt a wash of shame come over him. He remember the day he met you perfectly. It was at the Tumbleweed saloon... he was drinking that day -not enough to be drunk-. When he first saw you, your eyes.. they held so many emotions, but you covered it up with red lipstick.

~ So you don't get confused this is a flashback of how (Y/n) joined the gang~

   You offered your services to him at the price of ten dollars.. was a lot, but it had been awhile since Arthur felt a woman's touch. So, he accepted your offer. Following you up to the rooms.. until a small child can running to you crying helplessly. Saying the word "ma." And Arthur knew how wrong it was, and you were just an young girl being a mother at a to young age. Arthur remembered as you tried to push Nathan away from you. Telling him 'ma had work to do,' and it made Arthur feel ashamed. So, he tapped you on the shoulder and handed you the ten dollars. And left.. before you had time to say thank you.

    Arthur found himself back at the same saloon, this time with John. The two getting a quick drink. But the sound of a woman screaming caught his attention. John told Arthur to stay out of it, but he didn't. Arthur walked outside -were the screaming was coming from- and a man had a girl pushed up against the wall choking her.

   Immediately, Arthur recognized you as the young mother from earlier. Which his jaw clenched he said five words that changed your life forever, "Get your hands off her!!"

   The man didn't let up his grip on your neck as he looked at Arthur. "Who are you?" The man asked, "One of this whore's johns?" That's when Arthur fist collided with the man's face. The force of his punch made him let your neck go as you gasped for air.

    Arthur had knocked the man out cold, and he looked over at you as you slid down the wall, crying, shaking, and afraid. Arthur crouched down to check on you. Seeing all the new bruises on your face, and hand prints on your throat.

    "It's alright Miss.." Arthur said, helping you to your knees, by that time John had made his why to the scene.

    "What happened?" He asked, and Arthur explained it to him and John quickly understood... some of it. "He'll be back.. ether him or his boys," You cried, clearly afraid of that man and his men.