Trixie | 19

"When you love somebody with all your heart and soul n' you want to keep them with you but you know they want to go..."

Trixie sat down on her bed and listened to the record on repeat for the fifth time that afternoon. She couldn't decide on a song,
she knew she had todo this - she had to attend the gala and sing for Katya's sake.

She (Katya) would most likely be taken off of life support come the end of the week and Trixie couldn't stand to think about it but couldn't keep it off her mind either.

"What do you do? What do you say...? when you know they want to leave as bad as you want them to stay..."

She sighed and finally lifted herself from the bed and wandered over to the window to stare out at the damp ground. It had rained that morning but the sun was beginning to show now.

" - and there's nothing quite as sad as a one sided love! When one doesn't care at all - and the other cares too, much..."

Trixie hummed among quietly and rubbed her hand gently over a faded bruise on her forearm. There was a rainbow glinting through the trees from the park across the street. She smiled - only slightly. Her mind still stuck on Katya and the idea of the Gala.

She glanced at her phone; messages from
Violet and Danny still present on the screen - asking her if she was okay and if she wanted to come out and see them or if she needed anything - they were all from last night. She didn't want to talk to anyone or leave the house unless it was to sit with Katya.

It was probably concerning and she knew that - but she couldn't stomach picking up the phone and typing out a lie or the truth...both made her feel awful.

The record ended.

She grabbed her guitar from it's stand and sat at the edge of her bed and began to pick at the strings, searching for chords.

She attempted to play "You Know I love you" and "It Must Be You" but it didn't feel right... she didn't know if Katya had even listened to those songs yet.

She looked across the room at the keyboard she hadn't touched in years, quickly put the guitar away and sat down at the bench placed before it.

She began to play the chords and pitched in a few moments later...

"Here you come again..."