(10) #3: The Past and Present (2)

He's fuming, glowering to death.

There's no way Jiang Fengmian would be calm at this moment.

Look, he learned something that made his world torn into pieces. Yu ZiYuan and him broken engagement.

Tonight is supposed to be the perfect time.

However his father beat him into it. Announcing the soon wedding bells of his son, which him into a fair lady named Cangse Sanren, his ex-fiance adopted sister. The said woman is surely like a fairy descended from heavens with high spirits. However, it didn't lift his interest when his mind is nowhere seeking for the woman in purple dress with that aura of superiority.

"Excuse me Sir..." Unconsciously the man sat in his office swivel chair looked to his secretary with expression of annoyance. It is the first time her boss did that, but she's a secretary of his, so she merely step back and lowered her head, of course she knows why their chairman is currently in this kind of mood. Even the people around knows it, perhaps there's also rumours going on. The broken engagement with Ms. Yu ZiYuan left their chairman in this state.

Everyone at the party are expecting one thing.

But, it turns out in different way when the former chairman of Jiang Conglomerate announced an engagement of his son to the woman they didn't know. Who stood beside their boss with charming smile that captivating every men's heart, except one.

On the other hand, Jiang Fengmian who froze at his place, clutching his glass of wine as the people starting to congratulate them. Cheers were heard, but he cannot move even his finger.

Why? Why the engagement is broken? Did he do something? Is it about that night? He, Jiang Fengmian wants an answer to ever questions riling up inside his mind.

While the people around him are thinking the same thing.

He and this woman are perfect to each other.

So perfect for one another.

No, they're not. Jiang Fengmian wanted to say it. Shout to them when they cannot understand. Yet, he stood there. Doing nothing at all.

"Father..." An explanation, he need it more than anyone.

"You will marry her. That's all you need to know." His father words leaves no more argument. Jiang Fengmian want to punch himself, he's an idiot. He's the one who's supposed to know his father. But, he's here in front of the older man. Hoping for an explanation why Yu ZiYuan and his engagement gone wrong. Perhape, Is Yu ZiYuan the one who broke everything.

"I'm sorry, What's the matter?"

"It's fine Sir, I wanted to inform you about this." The secretary walked towards him and placing a certain purple envelope with flower of Lotus crest on his clean desk.

"Someone gave it to me, When the party is going on. One female in red colored dress talked to me, she want you to read it."

"The person's name?"

"She said no more than, Crimson and the sentence of " Purple going somewhere as the sun is shining like fire. " The woman is nowhere before I could asked for more." Jiang Fengmian listened to his secretary every words. Even though he don't know who's that person, he feel that someone knows something that he needed right now.