ch7// turtle

mina sat in her desk at school, staring into the blank space.
everyone else was chattering away, waiting for the teacher to arrive to start her homeroom session.
mina felt the hangover effects growl upon her, she let out a sigh and rested her head on her desk.

"yo." she heard a voice call
mina couldn't be bothered to reply so she pretended to be asleep.
"it's me!"
mina slightly moved her head, her eyes grasping the face of son chaeyoung.
mina's eyes bulge and her body fully woke up shockingly, moving her chair backwards at the same time.

chaeyoung was an inch away from her face.
chaeyoung had wavy hair today and she had dangly earrings too,
"who was that guy you were talking to?"

mina felt her voice stick to her throat, her cheeks flushing and butterflies swimming in her stomach. she gleamed at chaeyoung's tender lips and perfect complexion, letting seconds go by.

"i don't remember." mina told

chaeyoung stared at her, trying to detect if it was a lie, her piercing gaze penetrated her eyes.
"kay." she left

mina's heart throbbed and panicked the second her foot went out the door, and mina was still star-struck.
son chaeyoung TALKED to me!

mina heard momo's voice and someone else's in the background, far away.
mina wanted to fast forward.

lunch break had started, and mina went over to find her friends, at the usual spot of course.

//rooftop//

the rooftop was surrounded by two groups surprisingly.
her friend group, and jeongyeon's.

they seemed to be "happily" getting along together, as they seemed to smile...
mina felt eerie ness from last night creep up her spine, but walked towards them in her beige skirt and blazer.
"mina!" momo smiled

"why're we hanging out with them....?" mina whispered
"we made up." nayeon jumped in

"well, yeah." jihyo responded, "long story but just sit down."

mina sat down in the group circle, next to chaeyoung and sana.
mina noticed chaeyoung and glanced at her, chaeyoung glanced back and smirked.
"what?" mina whispered to chaeyoung

chaeyoung's tender lips spoke in mild arrogance, "nothing." she laughed
mina rolled her eyes and bonded with the "new" group.

she glanced at momo m.