s i x

Grayson's pov
8:10pm, thursday, june 18th, 2021

Grayson's pov8:10pm, thursday, june 18th, 2021—

"Okay, so I will be at yours in a few." Cody says through the phone.
"Just gotta put on my jacket real quick." He adds.

"Alright man, then I'll see you in a few." I respond and hang up on the phone call.

I pat down my black jean jacket and redo the sleeve ends. I look down and check if my black ripped jeans aren't dusty or anything and neither is my white t-shirt.

I look at my phone battery and see it's still around 90 percent.

Then suddenly I get a text message from Ethan.

I sigh and quickly type back.

Short after, the darkish notification appears full on the screen

Short after, the darkish notification appears full on the screen. Making me choose between two buttons. One red and the other green.
I press the green one and hold my phone to my ear.

"What's up Gray." Ethan says through the phone.

"Nothing. Why'd you wanna call?" I ask.

"Just wanted to know what you've been up to." He says in more like a question, as if he's not totally sure about his respond.

"Nothing actually. I've already made a new friend on the day the moving truck came. His name is Cody. Tonight he's taking me to this concert of a band that he works backstage at." I explain.

"Oh! That's great." I can feel Ethan smiling through the phone, glad I'm okay.
"So, how late does it start? And end?"

"It starts at nine pm so Cody will be here any minute now. And it'll probably end around midnight." I shrug.

"Cool. So what's the name of the band?" Ethan asks curiously.

"Chase Atlantic." I reply.

"Wait, isn't that the band fro-" Ethan gets caught off by the loud door bell.

"Oh gotta go E! Talk to you later." I fastly say, hanging up on the phone.

I put it in my front pocket and walk towards the door.
I open it and let Cody walk in.

"So, if we leave in a few minutes, we'll be there in time." Cody immediately says, making me nodd.
"You can already get your spot in the front if you're lucky and you can just text me and I'll find you after checking up backstage." He explains with an excited smile on his face.

"Alright." I smile back at him.

"You ready to have the time of your life?" He smirks.