e i g h t

Grayson's pov
12:09am, friday, june 19th, 2021

Grayson's pov12:09am, friday, june 19th, 2021—

"Hey Blake, I'm done with posting some videos on your guys' instagram." River suddenly speeks. She closes the laptop she had on her lap and removes the headphones from her head. She lays them on the other side of the couch she was sitting on and turns straighter to face Blake and the rest of us.

Her eyes don't meet mine quite yet, but I can already clearly see all of her beautiful features. The way her face is almost the same as it was three years ago. The way her hair has grown and is still as brown and straight as first. The way her freckles on her nose have appeared again since it's summer time and the sun is out a lot lately. The way she is just as perfect as I remember her to be.

"Hey River, I want you to meet my friend." Cody suddenly speaks.

River turns her head to our direction and my heart rate starts to develope a whole lot. Her eyes crossed my presence, no doubt. I just don't think she fully took the time to take actual notice of me yet. Her eyes are fixated on Cody as he walks even closer to me. It all seems to happen in slomotion as Cody wraps an arm around my neck and smiles in River's direction.

"This is Grayson." He says.

I watch as River's eyes leave Cody's and meet mine in less than a second and she has the same face expression as me.

"Grayson, this is-"

"River." I say in a raspy voice.

My breathing starts to get uneven and I can feel the water blur my vision as it threatens to spill over my water line.
I quickly turn around and leave the room, making sure the door is closed behind me, and I stay that way, with my back facing the door.

I softly hear the door open and close behind my back and I already know that it's River.

"Grayson?" She softly asks.

I turn around and bite down my bottom lip.
I blink my tears away and shoot her a broken smile.

"You're just as beautiful as you were three years ago." I speak.