n i n e

Grayson's pov
12:18am, friday, june 19th, 2021

Grayson's pov12:18am, friday, june 19th, 2021—

"T-thankyou." River stutters as a slight blush creeps onto her face.
"You look pretty decent aswell." She tries to smile and shyly looks down.

"Pretty decent? I look fucking amazing." I chuckle sarcastically. A beautiful laugh escapes River's lips as wel make eye contact. We stay like that for a few seconds, just smiling at one another.

"So, how come you're here?" River asks curiously.

"Needed a change of mind set. What not better than a different place to figure that out?" I shrug.
"What about you? How come you're here?" I ask.

"Blake got pretty successful a few months after I stopped going to school..-" she starts.
"Him and the rest of the band got offered a EP contract and they've been touring a lot but most of the recording and stuff are around California. He asked me to move here with him and now we live in this big mansion with the whole band plus me." She giggles.

I nodd, understanding what she's saying.

"That's really cool." I compliment her.
"Now, how are you doing?"

River sighs.
"I'm alright." She smiles and plays with her fingers as he feet move in a balancing movement from back to forth.
"And you?"

"I'm okay." I smile.
"I kinda need to learn how to handle everything on my own though." I shrug.
"You know, without Ethan." I side smile.

River nodds.
"How is he doing by the way?" She curiously asks.

"He's fine but, he's really desperate now that I'm gone." I smile at the thought of it.
"He keeps texting ans calling me."

"He misses you." River speaks.

"But not as much as I missed you." I confess.