Chapter 4

I opened the door, ready to kill whatever attacked Sadie. Whatever it was, was obviously pretty brutal.

    Jeff was already waiting at the edge of the forest, twirling his knife between his fingers. I jogged up to him, nodding slightly.

    "We better stay together." I remarked, leading the way. He huffed, causing me to grin.

    As we got deeper into the forest, I started to become uneasy. Whether it was my imagination or not, I didn't know.

    A snap sounded nearby. I whipped around to face it, my skin crawling.

    I was ready to shift, looking in the direction the noises were coming from.

   "What the-" Jeff gasped. Before I could do anything, a blur raced right at us. I was thrown backward, hitting the tree behind me with a THUMP!

    The world around me blacked out, and I could feel my body going numb. All I saw was a blurry figure slink away.

    Jeff had smacked into the other tree, his eyes dazed as he slid to the roots.

    I touched my head, feeling blood coat my hand. It all happened too fast. I groaned in pain, trying to keep my eyes open as darkness threatened to devour me.

    It felt like hours before someone found us, even though it was only a few minutes.

    "They're over here!" Clockworks voice yelled, running up to me. My consciousness began slowly slipping away.

    "Another attack in the same day?!" BEN's voice exclaimed, surprised.

    I blacked out again, the pain too much to hold in anymore.

    There's something out here, and it cannot be good.

***

Sorry this chapter was so short and kinda fast.. I've just been extremely busy lately and my collarbone hasn't gotten any better. I'll keep on trying my best tho!

Thorn, Out