XII. Day By Day

Warning!!!
This chapter contains mature content. Reader's discretion advised!

-------------------------------------

-His Days-

You know what's painful? Having to pull out a dagger just to get another one stabbed in the same place.

And for this one, he didn't know how to pull it out in the least hurtful way. Or, maybe he just need to let it stays there until he couldn't bear the pain anymore. After all, he already used to this game. The loneliness, the anxiety, the emptiness, and the sleepless nights, he knew all the cycle.

At this point, he could just laugh it out. So, he did. He laughed about it, whilst pouring himself another glass of bourbon.

He gulped it all at once. Letting the liquor slides in his throat. He didn't know why tonight, the drink goes down easily. The feeling that the liquor gave him was the best so far to console him. He needs something to distract him from the world, and mainly, from her.

Jungkook was about to pour himself another drink, but then, Chaeyoung's hand stopped him.

His gaze went up to her who was now sitting in front of him, giving him that sweet smile of hers that he long for.

She tried to stop him from pouring himself another shot, but he ignored her and continues to fill his glass up with that poison.

As he did so, he could see her expression changed. She just started at him with her doe eyes.

"I guess, I'm just trying." Said Jungkook, raising his glass up, spinning it for a while just to see the goldish liquid swaying left to the right.

He sighed, starring at his glass and brought it closer to his mouth. He was ready to take another shot, when he saw Chaeyoung now staring at him with a mournful look.

Jungkook paused. He looked back at her, the same way he would looked at her the first time he met her.

But, does she even care?

~~~~~~

Flashback

Days had passed since what happened at the park. And it seems like Jungkook hasn't find himself forgetting about her. This not-talking-to-her-at-all kind of thing was just torturing him even more.

This was the second time someone he loved pushed him away. And he just couldn't figure out why. He had been thinking about thousand of possible reasons for them to left him, and he still couldn't find one that really made sense.

As for Chaeyoung, he felt like he won't buy anything that came out from her. Not that he didn't believe her, it's just, he refused to accept any reason for her to leave him. He just... Didn't want her to leave.

Jungkook repeatedly cursed himself for saying those words to her at the park. For accusing her and jumped into his own conlusion. Perhaps, she had moved on from that guy.

He really hoped that she would denied it back then when he said she still couldn't move on from that guy, but, silence was all he got.

Jungkook yearned for her. All he wanted was just for her to love him back. He wanted to feel whole again, after being empty for some times, he finally found a way to be whole. And universe suddenly took it away from him, just like that.

He couldn't do this anymore. Shutting his world down and isolating himself from his family and friends won't do.

So, he took his chance, and come to her. Hoping that maybe, she would take him back to her arm and never let go. He'll kneel and beg if it's necessary.